Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-10: Brewers (Peralta) at Braves (Gausman) 6:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After yesterday I said to myself I’m going to hold off watching until the Brewers can figure out how to add more wins than losses for a while. I peeked at the score online and then decided to come read the comments here. I guess it will be a while before I can make myself watch again. I wonder if it will even be this year.

Gausmam was the guy to get. He just looks like a quality pitcher.

You might want to see him pitch against another offense before making that conclusion.... The Clown Car Offense can make any pitcher look like Cy Young...

You’re quickly becoming my favorite poster. Clown car offense lol.

I thought this was our “Big Boy” lineup?

Gausmam was the guy to get. He just looks like a quality pitcher.

You might want to see him pitch against another offense before making that conclusion.... The Clown Car Offense can make any pitcher look like Cy Young...

You’re quickly becoming my favorite poster. Clown car offense lol.

I thought this was our “Big Boy” lineup?

He could never by my favorite poster because of the offensive use of the ellipsis.

I know that I keep ragging on him , but Thames is just killing me. No way does he belong in the outfield. His bat just doesn't make up for it. I know he has power in his bat, but homeruns aren't everything. Too many .240 and below hitters in this lineup. Down 7 zip . No confidence in this lineup. Hope I'm wrong.

In the past eight days the Brewers have had games in which they have given up 21 runs, 11 runs, 8 runs, and whatever tonight’s run total ends up being (currently 7 and counting).
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I know that I keep ragging on him , but Thames is just killing me. No way does he belong in the outfield. His bat just doesn't make up for it. I know he has power in his bat, but homeruns aren't everything. Too many .240 and below hitters in this lineup. Down 7 zip . No confidence in this lineup. Hope I'm wrong.

This is your first ever post.

Peralta's control needs work. I realize he's not trying to nibble and I think with a bit more experience and age his control will come but his long counts and walks and hit batters and every other high pitch at-bat sure are frustrating to watch. He's got good stuff and I think he's going to be a solid pitcher. After yesterday I'm just more critical than normal, too.

It's amazing to me that Peralta has been as productive as he has been given all of the walks he issues, how often he's behind in the count, and that he throws just his fastball such a high percentage of the time.

It was likely only a matter of when more of those walked batters started to come around and score once Freddy was unable to keep his hits per innings pitched to numbers which weren't realistic to stay so low.

The strengths of this team were team defense and the bullpen. The bullpen has now fallen apart due to overuse and the defense isn't any good because we decided to bench Arcia and play Schoop, Shaw, and Thames out of position. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this team finish in 4th place.

Trading for Moustakas and Schoop were Melvinesque. I was happy knowing that Stearns valued defense and OBP but he made a big mistake abandoning it for slugging and nothing else.

Although it's still early into the Moose/Shoop era, these moves aren't looking like they are going to get them over the .500 hump this team has been for the past 2.5 months. The only thing these trades are going to accomplish is losing a couple high ranked prospects.

It's not easy being a Brewers fan.

Archived