Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-10: Brewers (Peralta) at Braves (Gausman) 6:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a feeling Peralta will be optioned out after this game to bring in another reliever. With the two off days next week they won’t need a fifth starter until the Reds series at MP, and I don’t think I want to see him starting against the Cubs or Cardinals anyway.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Peralta's control needs work. I realize he's not trying to nibble and I think with a bit more experience and age his control will come but his long counts and walks and hit batters and every other high pitch at-bat sure are frustrating to watch. He's got good stuff and I think he's going to be a solid pitcher. After yesterday I'm just more critical than normal, too.

I have a feeling Peralta will be optioned out after this game to bring in another reliever. With the two off days next week they won’t need a fifth starter until the Reds series at MP, and I don’t think I want to see him starting against the Cubs or Cardinals anyway.

Definitely

I swear we are going to put a stretch together where both the pitching and the hitting come together...its bound to happen, right? right?

They are coming together tonight. Just not the way you want.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

One thing I'd like to see the Brewers do better is work the count, and even when things aren't going their way at least be a tough out. Seems like the opponents starter always has low pitch counts, as well as relievers who can then go multiple innings. It's a way to knock their starter out even when he's pitching well enough to not get pulled voluntarily. Gotta do better there.

Archived