Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-09: Padres (Erlin) at Brewers (Guerra) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It feels like Guerra had a really lousy day today. A lot of hits, extra basehits, too many walks, wasn't striking out anyone. Then you look up at the scoreboard and somehow see only 2 runs in 6 innings.

There it is...........Guerra can't pitch a game without giving up at least 1 home run

2 outs bases empty 3-2 count to a .230 hitter with 6 homers in a 3 run game. He grooved one and Galvis ran into it, but it's probably a better pitch than walking him.

There it is...........Guerra can't pitch a game without giving up at least 1 home run

Seems like odd timing for this negativity seeing as he’s leaving a ball game in line for the win. Also, he’s given up 16 homers this year but only in 10 of his 22 games. Ill take this line from Junior every day!

2 outs bases empty 3-2 count to a .230 hitter with 6 homers in a 3 run game. He grooved one and Galvis ran into it, but it's probably a better pitch than walking him.

Yep. I can make my peace with that a lot better than nibbling against the bottom of the order, walking 2 guys and having them cleared on a good piece of hitting double.

Travis Shaw has been terrific the last couple weeks and really the last month. Over his last 28 games his OPS is .943. His Babip is still terrible at .260 (well below his .291 career average) over the last month. Crazy thing over the last 7 games when he has an OPS of 1.322 his Babip is only .222

Pina has been really quietly swinging a very good bat lately (11 for his last 25).

maybe he really is the team MVP? Maybe the lack of a trade took pressure off him? Maybe it is .450 Babip instead of .268 over the year

Pina has been really quietly swinging a very good bat lately (11 for his last 25).

maybe he really is the team MVP? Maybe the lack of a trade took pressure off him? Maybe it is .450 Babip instead of .268 over the year

I'm not saying you specifically but people get way too carried away with BABIP especially over a small sample size. How exactly would one even have an 11 for 25 stretch without a really high BABIP for that stretch unless they were hitting everything for a homerun?

Jennings probably wouldn’t be my first choice out of the pen...

Buncha lefties. Playing matchups. I actually wish Counsell would do this more often with Jennings and Hader, instead of leaving them out there for extended outings.

Love when they prove me wrong! Something about Jennings gives me the Carlos Torres trust.

Jennings probably wouldn’t be my first choice out of the pen...

Buncha lefties. Playing matchups. I actually wish Counsell would do this more often with Jennings and Hader, instead of leaving them out there for extended outings.

Definitely was a really good place for Jennings. Hader is so good against everyone, that I wouldn't worry about matchups as much as I'd put him against the top/middle of the lineup most of the times out.

I'm not saying you specifically but people get way too carried away with BABIP especially over a small sample size. How exactly would one even have an 11 for 25 stretch without a really high BABIP for that stretch unless they were hitting everything for a homerun?

Oh I know. I think it is useful at times. It was more of a joke with Pina. Interesting thing with Pina is he actually had been pretty bad the last week. Just 1 hit in 9 at bats with 1 bb and 4 ks. He must hit in bunches

Archived