Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-09: Padres (Erlin) at Brewers (Guerra) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be honest i was kind of done with Knebel when he completely choked away that game in Pittsburgh in the last week of the season with the playoffs on the line last year, when he miffed the throw to first, even though he started the year great

Dude just crushed a go ahead grand slam. He can't be happy about it?

Correct. Run the bases.

Is this for real?

I probably have an oldmanyellsatcloud.gif somewhere, but I don't have it in me right now.

JJ needs to be the closer. Corey doesn't have it this year and can't be trusted. Hopefully CC rectifies the situation.

I prefer to have JJ available to pitch high leverage situations. I mean. Knebel had the 7, 8, and 9 guys. If we can't trust him to get those guys out...then maybe he shouldn't be trusted anytime with a lead.

I had hoped he would keep JJ in, but I thought going with Knebel there was okay. Gotta assume hes not going to walk all 3 of those guys...right? Or maybe not.

I probably have an oldmanyellsatcloud.gif somewhere, but I don't have it in me right now.

Good, it's played out.

Clearly it isn't. The era of baseball you seem to be stuck in is dead.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

LOL. This team is pathetic. How on earth are they in the playoff picture?

They won enough games in April and May to fluff up their record. Just like they did in 2007, 2014, and 2017. But for the last 10 weeks they have been a .500 team and are moving in the wrong direction as the bullpen that was the key to the early success is springing leaks all over.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

JJ needs to be the closer. Corey doesn't have it this year and can't be trusted. Hopefully CC rectifies the situation.

I prefer to have JJ available to pitch high leverage situations. I mean. Knebel had the 7, 8, and 9 guys. If we can't trust him to get those guys out...then maybe he shouldn't be trusted anytime with a lead.

I had hoped he would keep JJ in, but I thought going with Knebel there was okay. Gotta assume hes not going to walk all 3 of those guys...right? Or maybe not.

High leverage situations like... the last inning of the game? The most important one when you have a lead?

Yes, stop even thinking about "closer". go back to what they did when Knebel was out. Best guy at the moment and know that Jeffress is #1 in the pecking order

yay for treading water - golden opportunity to put a W on the board on the march towards 20 games over 0.500 and the conventional baseball approach had to be followed so hard that it was worth losing, apparently. Going back to this 9th inning guy/closer approach is causing the pen to burn out - Jeffress should've gotten the ball to start the 9th, absolutely no reason to pull him today.

Hoping Soria's injury isn't serious, didn't see it on TV but leaving mid-at bat is never a good thing.

Archived