Yelich LF

Aguilar 1B

Shaw 2B

Moustakas 3B

Thames RF

Pina C

Arcia SS

Guerra P

Highly doubt that Thames starts against a lefty. I think we'll see something like this:

Cain CF

Yelich RF

Aguilar 1B

Moustakas 3B

Braun LF

Schoop 2B

Arcia SS

Pina C

Guerra P

Might even see Perez get a start at 3B today for Moose. Perez hits lefties well.

Cain CF

Yelich RF

Aguilar 1b

Braun LF

Schoop 2b

Shaw 3b

Pina C

Arcia SS

Guerra P

3rd base is the biggest mystery. Counsell hasn't really shown a pattern here yet since Moustakas, Perez, and Shaw have all gotten a start at 3b against a lefty in the past week or so.

Cain CF

Yelich RF

Aguilar 1b

Braun LF

Schoop 2b

Shaw 3b

Pina C

Arcia SS

Guerra P

3rd base is the biggest mystery. Counsell hasn't really shown a pattern here yet since Moustakas, Perez, and Shaw have all gotten a start at 3b against a lefty in the past week or so.

This is a fairly likely lineup I would think, the only possible shift could be Yelich finally getting a day off with Perez starting in his place. Though with all the off days coming up, we may opt to not give him a day off.

Really like that they dropped Schoop. Very surprised that the hot-hitting Arcia and Moose are getting the day off, though. I figured Counsell would find a way to get Perez in there vs. a lefty though.

He cant help himself. Must find a spot for that .295 OBP.

Can't fathom why they would start Perez over Arcia after last night. Or even over Schoop and Moose and Shaw goal line package.

Prove me wrong today CC, but these Perez led second string lineups usually fail us time and time again

Can't fathom why they would start Perez over Arcia after last night. Or even over Schoop and Moose and Shaw goal line package.

Prove me wrong today CC, but these Perez led second string lineups usually fail us time and time again

As others have noted, Arcia has a reverse split for his career, and even worse this year. Meanwhile, Perez has a normal platoon split (i.e. good against lefties), so I don't think it's that hard to understand why he would be starting over Arcia

I'm not sure what you even mean by "Schoop and Moose and Shaw goal line package". Shaw is starting 3rd base, and has had a little more success against lefties recently, though I could understand if you preferred Moose at 3b today since his split is a little less severe? If Perez is starting at SS, and Shaw is at 3b, that leaves Schoop for 2b. Since he's batting 7th, not sure what the complaint would be with that.

Sorry to take this out on you Yellie, you're not the only one who has made this type of comment. Here's why:

OPS vs LHP

Arcia: .414

Perez .832

Not to mention Perez has been hitting .977 in the 2nd half of the season. (That's against ALL pitching.) So no, Perez in the line-up does not usually fail again and again. What usually DOES happen is a big game from whatever player you guys don't think should be in the line-up.

Sorry to take this out on you Yellie, you're not the only one who has made this type of comment. Here's why:

OPS vs LHP

Arcia: .414

Perez .832

Not to mention Perez has been hitting .977 in the 2nd half of the season. (That's against ALL pitching.) So no, Perez in the line-up does not usually fail again and again. What usually DOES happen is a big game from whatever player you guys don't think should be in the line-up.

It’s all good I’m venting that we have all these new shiny toys , Moose is swinging well, and Arica finally hitting at least a high school level so it would be nice to see them play over Perez is all!

Schoop continues to either strike out or pull a weak ground ball ... BA/OBP (no walks) barely above .100

Frustrating. Just gotta hope he finds it soon.

Villar is 360/385/580 or something since being traded. Only 24 or so ABs though.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Schoop continues to either strike out or pull a weak ground ball ... BA/OBP (no walks) barely above .100

Villar is 360/385/580 or something since being traded. Only 24 or so ABs though.

I'm happy Villar is playing well. Always loved his skill set. Unfortunately I think it was just to the point where he needed a change of scenery.

Schoop is going to find it eventually.

Villar crushed the ball @Texas like any other decent MLB player would do against that garbage pitching staff.

He is 1/8 so far in the Tampa series and I would imagine his numbers will level back out towards what he's always been. He also made a critical error that could've cost them the game in the 9th last night.

Archived