7. Franmil Reyes ® RF 7. Erik Kratz ® C

8. Cory Spangenberg (L) 2B 8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Brett Kennedy ® P 9. Jhoulys Chacín ® P[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kennedy is a junkballer making his ML debut this evening. The Brewers historically have struggled in this type of situation. Hopefully Chacin is on his game, because I don't see a lot of runs being scored.

Watch the Brewers put up 10 now LOL

This Brewers team is built very differently than a historical Brewers team. That said, it can be tough to adjust to someone you haven't seen before. I still think we light this guy up today though. This guy on the surface looks nowhere near capable of pitching in the majors.

Kennedy is a junkballer making his ML debut this evening. The Brewers historically have struggled in this type of situation. Hopefully Chacin is on his game, because I don't see a lot of runs being scored.

This Brewers team is built very differently than a historical Brewers team. That said, it can be tough to adjust to someone you haven't seen before. I still think we light this guy up today though. This guy on the surface looks nowhere near capable of pitching in the majors.

Cain and Yelich will go about 4-9 with a few walks. The rest of the team? Oh-fer?

Cain and Yelich will go about 4-9 with a few walks. The rest of the team? Oh-fer?

This is so accurate.

Chacin with the awful game last time out so I think he'll do well tonight and not give up more than 2 over 5-6 innings. You'd think we could score 5 vs a nobody pitcher but we'll see. Easy 6-3 win is my call. Would be nice if CHC could drop one to KC today. Feel like Shaw and Moose have been barreling up some balls well of late, so hopefully another descent night from the offense

Other than March (3-0) and May (19-8), the Brewers are 43-43.

Without their 7-game losing streak, their record would be 65-44. What's your point?

I like this game. [sarcasm]without all their wins and all their losses they would be 0-0[/sarcasm]

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

This is great news. Assuming few means 3...that 4 for 9 means, 12 plate appearances between Cain and Yelich. If Cain and Yelich get 12 plate appearances between them, we win.

I know two things:

1) They are 11-0 in games where the Polish won the sausage race and the roof was open*

2) They are 276- 11 in games that xxxprincefielder attended. (My apologies to those who aren't familiar with the reference.)

* Completely made that up.

Other than March (3-0) and May (19-8), the Brewers are 43-43.

It's a good thing those months count then! ;)

Indeed they do. Which is a very very good thing for the 2018 playoff chances.

It also suggest this is an 88 win team if they play 500 the rest of the way. But it’s not like baseball is a sport that has much use for statistics and trends. :tongue

The Game Notes are posted on the Brewer website before every game.

Just a matter of when it is posted.

Today they were up @ 4 pm Central time (for a 7:10 first pitch). Yesterday it happened some point after 5 pm Central time (for a 7:10 first pitch)...

We need someone with MOD authority to start copying the link into the thread opener moving forward so it is easier to locate during the course of the game/ discussion...

This pitcher would never be pitching in the majors this early if it wasnt for the padres out of contention. That said, it doesnt look good for the brewers as they cant hit stink pitchers. We get crushed by pitchers with 5.0 or 6.0 era. Toss in a Cy Young winner and we are 6-1.

We play up or down depending on competition. We just arent hungry or intense. There is a reason why we can get destroyed by miami or swept by the white sox but then win series against the best teams.

This pitcher would never be pitching in the majors this early if it wasnt for the padres out of contention. That said, it doesnt look good for the brewers as they cant hit stink pitchers. We get crushed by pitchers with 5.0 or 6.0 era. Toss in a Cy Young winner and we are 6-1.

We play up or down depending on competition. We just arent hungry or intense. There is a reason why we can get destroyed by miami or swept by the white sox but then win series against the best teams.

Literally neither of those things happened.

Over their history the Brewers have been:

3793-0 when leading at the end of the game, and

0-4128 when behind at the end of the game

If we could just be ahead at the end of the game we will win.... QED

If 'buts' and 'ands' were pots and pans, we'd all be gourmet chefs.

Archived