Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-07: Padres (Richard) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 11-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He basically said adding talent is never a bad thing. There is no reason to expect Schoop to be an offensive upgrade over Villar but the defense should be better than this.

Thinking the Padres are a should sweep just shows a complete lack of understanding of baseball though. They just split a 4 game series against the Cubs. You should pretty much never expect to sweep anyone. If we take 2 of 3 against them it is exactly what we should have expected knowing that sometimes it goes 1 of 3 as well. We aren't beating the Padres 66% of the time in the long run.

Tonight was frustrating, no doubt... but ultimately the Padres played quite a bit better than the Brewers. Either way, the doom and gloom forecast of an impending collapse seems a bit dramatic. It was a bad night, and they will have some better ones soon enough.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Tonight was frustrating, no doubt... but ultimately the Padres played quite a bit better than the Brewers. Either way, the doom and gloom forecast of an impending collapse seems a bit dramatic. It was a bad night, and they will have some better ones soon enough.

I was typing how the game wasn’t over and then the Padres hit an inside the park home run so I’m going to shut up now.

I am not a doom and gloom guy. Brewers will be alright. That said if Scoop isn't one of the nine best he needs to sit. Right handed pitcher tomorrow correct? Shaw and Moose need to play and give Arcia a shot. He came through on Sunday.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Why be rational when you can just DFA everybody?

Ugh, I know they are getting killed, but Yelich's effort on that play sucked.

I am not a doom and gloom guy. Brewers will be alright. That said if Scoop isn't one of the nine best he needs to sit. Right handed pitcher tomorrow correct? Shaw and Moose need to play and give Arcia a shot. He came through on Sunday.
Another error on Scoop. The guy is terrible.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Another error on Scoop. The guy is terrible.

:laughing :laughing :laughing :rolleyes

The Brewers were always gonna lose 60 games this season, like pretty much everyone not called Boston Red Sox. It's definitely an uglier loss than many, but it's still just the one loss, probably. On to tomorrow...

No the season is over. Trade Yelich and Cain and start the rebuild all over again. :laughing

I was thinking this was a "must sweep" series. BOOOOOOOO. What a poor product.

Funny, going into this series my friends and I discussed how we could easily see the Brewers being swept in this series... because that’s what the Brewers do.

Schoop with another error ... good grief!

The people getting on me earlier for saying he’s been awful got real quiet lol

I don’t think anyone was arguing that Schoop has been playing well over the past week, but at this point either he will be exactly the player we have seen over the past week which would basically be on pace to become one of the worst major league regulars in the modern history of the sport, or he will bounce back to be a contributor. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived