Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-07: Padres (Richard) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 11-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm surprised The Windmill didn't send Anderson.

Doesn't matter I guess. Running the stupid contact play. One way or the other he'll get them out.

The contact play is not called by the third base coach.

For a chance to score a run they gave up 2nd and 3rd for first and third.....outs would be the same.

Had no bearing on the inning.

I'm surprised The Windmill didn't send Anderson.

Doesn't matter I guess. Running the stupid contact play. One way or the other he'll get them out.

The contact play is not called by the third base coach.

For a chance to score a run they gave up 2nd and 3rd for first and third.....outs would be the same.

Had no bearing on the inning.

I'd rather have second and third than first and third any day. The only time the contact play should be used is to stay out of a double play. Running into an easy out at home is just plain stupid.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
At the end of the day the lineup order probably doesn't have much of a bearing on the outcome of a game.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

We all appreciate your expert analysis. Thank you.

Doesn't take an expert to realize a guy with a .264 OBP in a full season of work shouldn't hit 4th on a team loaded with power.

Didn't know the season was over. He also had a higher OBP in 2017 than every single player in our lineup besides Yelich and Cain, so perhaps our manager is placing him based on where he thinks he's capable of performing and not solely based on what he's done this season.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Did Schoop hit a line drive or a grounder?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived