Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-05: Rockies (Gray) at Brewers (Miley) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4 in 11 innings]

Eye Black

HxLZftT.jpg

HxLZAzS.jpg

[pre]Rockies Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Charlie Blackmon (L) CF 1. Christian Yelich (L) CF

2. DJ LeMahieu ® 2B 2. Eric Thames (L) RF

3. Nolan Arenado ® 3B 3. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B

4. Trevor Story ® SS 4. Travis Shaw (L) 1B

5. Carlos Gonzalez (L) RF 5. Ryan Braun ® LF

6. Ian Desmond ® LF 6. Jonathan Schoop ® 2B

7. Pat Valaika ® 1B 7. Erik Kratz ® C

8. Tom Murphy ® C 8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Jon Gray ® P 9. Wade Miley (L) P[/pre]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have to be due on a Sunday, right? Feels like a big game, Rockies are a potential wildcard threat, a sweep would be huge. A day off and then the Padres coming in, a good chance to start an August run and finally break out of the around 15 over place we have been stuck in for 2 months.

Lineup today with four straight lefties at the top. Travis Shaw starting at 1B for only the 2nd time this year. Shaw played 6 innings total at 1B this season and 4.2 innings at 1B last season. He did start 28 games at 1B back in 2016 with the Red Sox.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Very strange that Counsell goes from one extreme to the other on the lefty-righty thing.

I wonder if Cain did tweak something last night and if that’s why he’s sitting out. I’m not surprised Aguilar is sitting out, but this lineup has the makings of one of those “Sunday lineups” that contributes to the Brewers’ awful record in the final games of series.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Very strange that Counsell goes from one extreme to the other on the lefty-righty thing.

I wonder if Cain did tweak something last night and if that’s why he’s sitting out. I’m not surprised Aguilar is sitting out, but this lineup has the makings of one of those “Sunday lineups” that contributes to the Brewers’ awful record in the final games of series.

Our Sunday lineup now includes Moustakas and Schoop. It is light years better than a month ago.

Yeah, Cain leaving last night seemed odd. Thought he might sit today with the off day coming. Hope it is just a minor thing.

Agree that today feels big, despite having already won the series. Going six up on the Rockies with fewer than 50 left would be a nice step toward the postseason.

Our Sunday lineup now includes Moustakas and Schoop. It is light years better than a month ago.

It will help if and when Schoop can progress from not striking out to hitting a ball hard. Otherwise that 6-9 is pretty brutal.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I wouldn't use Shoop as evidence this lineup is better than previuos Sunday lineups just yet. That being said, this is a better lineup than in the past.

Miley just got back into town after driving his truck the 2000 mile trek from LA to Milwaukee. I think I saw him at the Pine Cone on 94 at 4:00 AM so hopefully he is ready to go today.

Does that mean he doesn't like to fly?

Archived