Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-03: Rockies (Márquez) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-3 -- Eric Thames Walk-Off 3-Run HR]

Eye Black
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing this challenge reminds me that the Padres screwed themselves against the Cubs today by losing their challenge in the second inning on a pitch they thought grazed their hitter. They lost the challenge and a few innings later couldn’t challenge a play at the plate when one of their runners was called out but should have been safe.

Silly to burn a challenge that early in the game when all you’d get out of it is a runner on first with 2 outs. The 8th inning is a completely different story.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Why trade for a guy like Soria, then use Jennings here? You can't save every good reliever for when you're leading.

Then when they do come in they’re rusty.

As we get later in the year I wonder if they’ll start using a Hader a little more. He’s had too many weeks with just 2 innings pitched and then when he comes in after a week off he doesn’t have good command.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I predict Moustakas gets on and Shaw walks him off today. Being positive FOR ONCE.

Nope its gonna be Schoop because we will need a 3-run home run because CC doesn't want to use his good relievers in a close game and we will give up a run in the top of the 9th

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Why trade for a guy like Soria, then use Jennings here? You can't save every good reliever for when you're leading.

This is my major gripe about Counsell. He saves relievers for situations that may never occur. We were losing a game in SF by one run, and brought in Albers, while keeping Soria, Jeffress, and Hader all in reserve. The Brewers scored later in that game after Albers gave up 3 runs, putting the game out of reach. If you're ONLY going to use those best relievers when you're ahead/tied, you're basically saying you're punting whenever you're down. It's just a restrictive and dumb strategy (IMO of course)

As we get later in the year I wonder if they’ll start using a Hader a little more. He’s had too many weeks with just 2 innings pitched and then when he comes in after a week off he doesn’t have good command.

Seriously...gotta stop babying these guys. Hader threw 100 innings last year between AAA and MLB and is only at 53 right now with 50 games left.

Seriously...gotta stop babying these guys. Hader threw 100 innings last year between AAA and MLB and is only at 53 right now with 50 games left.

He also started 12 games.

Circling back on the question from earlier, coming into tonight when Jonathan Schoop starts an at-bat 0-2 this year he is batting .101 BA / .123 OBP / .203 slugging (.326 OPS). Needless to say he should stop getting down 0-2.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

So, I'm a 10-game ticket holder with three other guys. We are considering upgrading to a 20-game ticket package next year to ensure that we could purchase tickets to all 2018 home postseason games. Since we got the email for this, the Brewers are 0-2, including the most ever runs they've given up in franchise history. The Brewers better win a bunch of games here before the August 10 deadline for this offer expires if they want us to do this.

Whenever I see Aguilar make that throw to second I have flashbacks to the game against the Dodgers last year when he threw to second with one out in the ninth and a 3 run lead and hit the runner in the back instead of taking the sure out. When the dust settled the Dodgers scored 5 or 6 runs, including a grand slam to win the game.

Archived