Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-03: Rockies (Márquez) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-3 -- Eric Thames Walk-Off 3-Run HR]

Eye Black
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even if we somehow traded for Trout, we’d still score 1-2 a game. It’s time to fire someone. It doesn’t matter if the hitting coach doesn’t deserve it, it’s a business.

I always said if a .300 hitter gets traded to the Brewers, as soon as he puts the Brewers jersey on he becomes a .250 hitter. Don't know what it is, but this seems to always be the case.

Edit: Also, it's the reverse if someone gets traded to the Cardinals. A mediocre hitter going the Cardinals will become MVP of the league.

Edit #2: This is why I can't believe how well Yelich is doing...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Even if we somehow traded for Trout, we’d still score 1-2 a game. It’s time to fire someone. It doesn’t matter if the hitting coach doesn’t deserve it, it’s a business.

Yeah, they've tried pretty much everything as far as moving these guys around the lineup, benching guys, sending guys down to AAA and making moves to shore up the offense. I'm encouraged by Moose, but most everything has failed. There needs to be some accountability.

Homerun Derby jinx continues to plague Aguilar...........or he is just back to we though he was..

It's not like he won the thing. He was eliminated in the first round, so his participation pretty much amounted to a batting practice session. Nobody else in the Derby is strugging. There is no Home Run Derby jinx. Aguilar just stinks now. He can't lay off that low and outside breaking ball, a pitch you don't see in the Home Run Derby.

Just saw the Schoop quote that Tom Haudricourt shared tonight via Twitter...

Jonathan Schoop, who went 0 for 8 with 6 Ks in 1st 2 games with #Brewers, said, “I was pressing too much and trying to be the hero, and show everybody what I can do,” he said. “It’s over. I’m going to go out and try to have fun. My teammates are treating me really good."

That is sort of what was speculated on in last night’s IGT. I really hope he can just take a deep breath, relax a little, and have some fun. I think getting his first hit will ultimately help.

He lied to you about it being over, Tom.

Homerun Derby jinx continues to plague Aguilar...........or he is just back to we though he was..

It may not be a Home Run Derby jinx, but I really think the whole All Star thing, including the campaigning for the final spot and the attention that got, then participating in all of the All Star activities, put him out of whack. I don’t think it’s pure coincidence that he peaked the day the All Star lineups were announced and the campaigning began.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Honestly, has Schoop had an AB since he became a Brewer where he wasn't down 0-2 to start?

He grounded out on the first pitch earlier, that is the only one I can think of that didn’t go 0-2.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Honestly, has Schoop had an AB since he became a Brewer where he wasn't down 0-2 to start?

The lack of patience is certainly concerning. Especially since it seemed that Stearns was making attempts to get away from stacking his lineup with those types of hitters. I'm sure Doug Melvin LOVES Jonathan Schoop, though.

Just saw the Schoop quote that Tom Haudricourt shared tonight via Twitter...

Jonathan Schoop, who went 0 for 8 with 6 Ks in 1st 2 games with #Brewers, said, “I was pressing too much and trying to be the hero, and show everybody what I can do,” he said. “It’s over. I’m going to go out and try to have fun. My teammates are treating me really good."

That is sort of what was speculated on in last night’s IGT. I really hope he can just take a deep breath, relax a little, and have some fun. I think getting his first hit will ultimately help.

He lied to you, Tom.

Schoop needs to sit tomorrow out

It may not be a Home Run Derby jinx, but I really think the whole All Star thing, including the campaigning for the final spot and the attention that got, then participating in all of the All Star activities, put him out of whack. I don’t think it’s poor coincidence that he peaked the day the All Star lineups were announced and the campaigning began.

It seems like his regression started before the Home Run Derby. I don't have the stats, but I think his regression started the day he was named the voted in All-Star.

I'm too busy to look it up, but has any other organization had 3 players (in a year or 2) have breakout years then perform WORSE the next year than before the breakout. Arcia, Santana and Villar have all had a year after their breakout that was worse than the year before the breakout... Sure, there's often regression after a big year, but to be worse than before the breakout is just mind boggling...

I'm too busy to look it up, but has any other organization had 3 players (in a year or 2) have breakout years then perform WORSE the next year than before the breakout. Arcia, Santana and Villar have all had a year after their breakout that was worse than the year before the breakout... Sure, there's often regression after a big year, but to be worse than before the breakout is just mind boggling...

Santana is actually hitting pretty well in AAA right now though, whatever that is worth.

I question leaving Guerra in here. The ironclad policy of never bringing in one of the top relievers when the team is behind has cost the Brewers a few times before.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Santana is actually hitting pretty well in AAA right now though, whatever that is worth.

Empty average. Singles and strikeouts. Exactly what he was doing up here. If he doesn't hit for power, he has no value.

Archived