Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-02: Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 8:00 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 21-5]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don’t think it would be the worst idea to just get Schoop out of there and just give him a fresh start tomorrow. I think that’s 6 Ks in his first 8 PAs now? Small sample, but also terrible plate discipline so far.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Mookie Betts went 4-4 with 2 walks. I hope he can win the MVP so the Red Sox can continue their streak of the only team to win an MVP every decade since the modern MVP started in 1931.

Can you name their MVP from the 2000s and 1990s?

Pedroia won. That must be the one in the 2000s, though I can't believe it was that long ago.

It was Pedroia in 2008, not Manny or Nomar in the 90s

For some reason I thought Ortiz won in like 2006 or 2007 but I’m probably wrong

Mookie Betts went 4-4 with 2 walks. I hope he can win the MVP so the Red Sox can continue their streak of the only team to win an MVP every decade since the modern MVP started in 1931.

Can you name their MVP from the 2000s and 1990s?

I'm pretty sure Manny and total guess of nomar?

Didn't Mo Vaughn win it?

Yup Mo Vaughn, 95. Totally undeserved, but he led the league in RBIs. A fact that helped give 2 MVPs to Juan Gonzalez.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Pina's problems are mostly BABIP, the truth is probably somewhere between 2017 and 2018 and isn't likely a real problem considering how bad C is in general in the league.

Of course Pina is just part of the issue. Having him lumped in with Arcia and whoever has been playing 2B has created a black hole in the 6-9 spots of the lineup. Hard to have any sort of sustained offense when you have four guys in a row who can't hit. That was the big reason for going out and getting more offense.

Wow. 1996 Mo Vaughn finished 5th in the MVP voting with a 1.003 OPS. Four guys were higher. The steroids were strong in those days!
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Wow. Scoop looks defeated. Contrast to Dozier who looks in his element. Funny how different people react to same things differently. Adam Jones refused to be traded from Orioles because he loves it despite them being terrible. Maybe Scoop felt the same way.

Schoop batted anywhere from #2 to #7 for the Orioles, wouldn't hurt to see him at #6/#7 for a few games until he gets acclimated to the NL...

While I am sure he doesn’t want to come across as overreacting, but I really hope Counsell moves him down to #6 spot this weekend.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Wow. Scoop looks defeated. Contrast to Dozier who looks in his element. Funny how different people react to same things differently. Adam Jones refused to be traded from Orioles because he loves it despite them being terrible. Maybe Scoop felt the same way.

Yeah. I mean, Schoop was an international signee so all he has known in the US is Baltimore. That has to be tough but hopefully he just needs to get acclimated. Long day yesterday, getting acclimated to the time zone difference, new team, facing Kershaw...I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Archived