Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-02: Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 8:00 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 21-5]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy folks. Schoop will be fine. The Brewers will be fine. This game, not so much... I think maybe I'll stick it out a bit to see if they put up any sort of fight.

Sucks that they made Kershaw work a bit in the 1st and then let it all get away.

At this point I think it is fair to hope the game speed picks up so they can get back to Milwaukee before 6:00am tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if they look lethargic tomorrow night.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I was willing to cut Schoop some slack lastnight because he spent the entire day traveling and was probably tired, but not tonight.

The irony of the biggest Manny Pina fan on the board not willing to cut Schoop slack on his 2nd day as a Brewer ...

newsflash - Manny Pina has been a huge part of the problem, and why they felt it necessary to trade for players like Schoop and Moose.

I was willing to cut Schoop some slack lastnight because he spent the entire day traveling and was probably tired, but not tonight.

We can't give a player any slack for a two day slump, with one of the games against Clayton Kershaw?

Nope

The failure to score in the 3rd killed momentum once again in my opinion. Yelich is fantastic but needed to put a ball in play. Took three strikes looking. Would love to see him hunt the rbi there like the star he is. Brewers have to bear down in these situations in order to max potential.

The irony of the biggest Manny Pina fan on the board not willing to cut Schoop slack on his 2nd day as a Brewer ...

newsflash - Manny Pina has been a huge part of the problem, and why they felt it necessary to trade for players like Schoop and Moose.

Niether of which catch.

We have had scoring chances several times already tonight, just haven't come thought. Jesus ripped one with RISP. If we don't give the Dodgers 5 outs the game is closer too.

If we could score with 1st and 3rd and no one out.

If Schoop and Arcia don't commit big errors.

We've been squandering our own opportunities, and been giving the Dodgers opportunities. Just a poor game.

Pina has been a huge part of the problem so they went out and got a 2nd and 3rd baseman forcing players in the infield to play out of position?

Easy folks. Schoop will be fine. The Brewers will be fine. This game, not so much... I think maybe I'll stick it out a bit to see if they put up any sort of fight.

Sucks that they made Kershaw work a bit in the 1st and then let it all get away.

A voice of reason? In the In-Game Thread? Blasphemy!

Mookie Betts went 4-4 with 2 walks. I hope he can win the MVP so the Red Sox can continue their streak of the only team to win an MVP every decade since the modern MVP started in 1931.

Can you name their MVP from the 2000s and 1990s?

Pina has been a huge part of the problem so they went out and got a 2nd and 3rd baseman forcing players in the infield to play out of position?

They got offense because Pina is one of several regulars that have regressed with the bat. But you knew exactly what I was saying, and are just being you.

5-3 West coast trip is still very good... Sure it was 5-1 and we lost the last 2, but the Dodgers are a very good team and to beat them the Brewers need to score when they have opportunities and not give away outs... Didn't work out tonight...

Niether of which catch.

They got guys who can hit because Pina hasn't this year.

Mookie Betts went 4-4 with 2 walks. I hope he can win the MVP so the Red Sox can continue their streak of the only team to win an MVP every decade since the modern MVP started in 1931.

Pedroia won. That must be the one in the 2000s, though I can't believe it was that long ago.

I'm pretty sure Manny and total guess of nomar?

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Pedroia won. That must be the one in the 2000s, though I can't believe it was that long ago.

It was Pedroia in 2008, not Manny or Nomar in the 90s

I'm pretty sure Manny and total guess of nomar?

Didn't Mo Vaughn win it?

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Archived