Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-02: Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 8:00 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 21-5]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we could hit I'd keep watching. Game after game of 0/1/2 runs in the 6th. Gets so tiring. It doesn't matter who's pitching. They perform worse against bad pitching most of the time.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I know it's "scope" but couldn't help myself thinking "shoop" when I read his name. I've decided not to change until he gets his first hit or rbi or homerun. The longer it's going the harder I'm grading him.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Not watching the game so cannot comment on any calls from this one. I will say I don't even enjoy watching baseball anymore because the umps so clearly blow so many strike/ball calls in big situations. Some sort of automated strike zone simply cannot come fast enough because it is seriously hurting the game at this point. The fact teams are actively looking for catchers who are good at tricking the umpires into getting the calls wrong is all it should take to reinforce the fact.

They would never do it, but I’d give Bellinger one right to the ribs next time he is up. What a ridiculous celebration. Run the bases ya loser.

I would too. That was quite a bit there.

Or you could just not be a clown show for an inning and you don't have to worry about it.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

From a great game last night to a very annoying game today. Night and day.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

With the Brewers losing, Schoop should finally feel comfortable to get a hit or two.

I realize it is an incredibly small sample, but I am not a fan of the Schoop trade. Looks out of it and I wasnt really excited by his 270 OBP this year. Hopefully he turns it around.

Has there ever been a Brewers trade acquisition with a more disappointing first game and half than Jonathan Schoop? You could argue he was a big negative contributor last night, and obviously has been a disaster so far tonight. Hope he turns it around in a hurry.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Bellinger is acting like he has never hit a home run before. That dude needs to hit the dirt in my opinion. No need for that at all. Also scoop is looking like he doesn't want to be here. It is easy to put up numbers when you are 35 games back. I dunno if he's scared frustrated or both.

I don't really blame Schoop for a weird attitude, he came up with the Orioles and all (right?) and yeah they stink, but his friends are on the team, etc. Yes, baseball is a business and trades are part of the game. I'm willing to cut him some slack. If he's still salty in a few weeks, months, etc, then I blame the Brewers FO for not doing more research on the guy.

Bellinger is acting like he has never hit a home run before. That dude needs to hit the dirt in my opinion. No need for that at all. Also scoop is looking like he doesn't want to be here. It is easy to put up numbers when you are 35 games back. I dunno if he's scared frustrated or both.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now and assume he is pressing too much trying to do good for his new team. If he is really someone that needs to be on a team that is like 20-80 to be comfortable he is not really someone I want on my team.

Archived