Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-02: Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 8:00 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 21-5]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
George Webb's burgers will be 5 for 5 tomorrow. So there is that.

:laughing

From what I've heard, I'm not sure that's a good thing.

I miss George Webb’s so much! Breakfast at all hours, best hashbrowns in the world, and tasty burgers.

Teams have thuds of games. This definitely qualifies as one of those. I think this team was well aware that it would be a good road trip even with a loss, and I think they were genuinely ready to get home. Not saying that's a good excuse, but I do think it played a role.

If this were football, I would consider it a "throw the tape in the garbage and never look at it again" game.

At the end of the day its a 5-3 road trip and a series split with a really good team. I'll take that, even if one of the losses was 21-5.

That sucked. Still, counts the same as a 2-1 loss and tomorrow is a new day. Still split the series at Dodger Stadium after beating the Giants so it's been a good roadtrip. Also; The Cubs lost to the Padres at Wrigley. The Padres who won like 5 games in July.

I went to bed in the 7th inning last night and could only laugh when I saw the final score and what happened after I tuned out.

When I said before the game that I thought it had the makings of a “sacrifice game” I didn’t expect that it would go beyond that into being a total farce.

Now we wait to see what moves the Brewers make today to add some pitchers to cover innings in case Guerra has another short start tonight. Albers going on the DL with some mystery ailment wouldn’t be a surprise, but they might have to option Williams out too. Even Perez and Kratz need a night off.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

We got spoiled by the back half of the bullpen earlier this year.

Not unusual for a guy to flounder coming back from injury - especially a guy who doesn't stay in shape even when he's healthy. I'd be a little worried about possibly using Nelson or Davies this year because the Brewers can't really afford any implosions while they wait for them to work off the rust. Would rather use guys who have been pitching.

Not loving the Schoop trade right now, and not just because of his bad start as a Brewer. Villar was good at 2B against LHP's and they had Shaw/Moustakas. They need Arcia's defense.

Still think Williams (and Barnes and maybe Houser) will be solid relievers for a long time, but you're gonna have some outings like this.

https://www.mlb.com/video/c-2341359883

Braun had a 99% catch probability on this ball. Yelich 53%.

This was after I had tuned out and gone to bed.

Looks like some of the players had tuned out too. Braun is the guilty party on this one, but there were some pretty lazy/tired plays by others even earlier in the game.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived