Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-02: Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 8:00 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 21-5]

TooLiveBrew
Glad Albers is blowing it in a situation like this rather than in situation like last night, getting closer to getting DFA’d if the team is serious about getting to the playoffs. Last night I turned the game off when he came in cause I knew what was going to happen

Yeah. DFA loks like the likely remedy. Really really bad signing.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Albers pitching home run derby and two position players likely up next this game might last 4 hours. Not exactly the getaway game they needed.

Edit: Hopefully Williams can get some outs now.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

It’s not impossible for someone like me who was around in the 50’s.

Their MVP was a guy who came up with the Yankees about the same time as Mickey Mantle and was later traded to the Sox.

He was known at the time as the only guy to play in both the World Series and the Rose Bowl. He probably still holds that distinction.

ETA- As others have said while I was posting this, it was Jackie Jensen.

Well sorry for assuming, cool stat

As I post this I am looking at a 1959 Topps baseball card of Jackie Jensen that describes on the back his 1958 MVP season.

I see Jackie Jensen retired because he was afraid of flying, interesting.

Also the Cubs lost, and Albers ERA is now 5.7

I stopped watching for a bit and just got a phone update about a homer to make it 12-2... in the 6th? Not a game they needed headed back home late as it is. Just let Kratz finish this one.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If Schoop keeps it up, at least his arby numbers won't be too bad for next year.... Yeah!

Unfortunately he's already making $8.5 million this year so it isn't going to go down. That's another reason I didn't like the trade. Yeah, he has another year of control but that year of control is going to be expensive and I'm not sure if he's worth it.

If he continues to be horrible I guess non-tender is a real possibility.

The failure to score in the 3rd killed momentum once again in my opinion. Yelich is fantastic but needed to put a ball in play. Took three strikes looking. Would love to see him hunt the rbi there like the star he is. Brewers have to bear down in these situations in order to max potential.

Yelich with 3 out of 4 tonight. The ab we needed contact he took three strikes. This is maddening to me but is what makes baseball great at the same time. The one guy I want swinging the bat is Yelich. Frustrating for sure.

Counting tonight Matt Albers has given up 13 earned runs in his last 2.0 innings pitched. Obviously doesn’t even included the inherited runners.

I was about to post this. 2ip-13ER. 48.50ERA. Under 2ERA the innings before.

The guy has to be hurt. Only explanation that makes any sense.

If Schoop keeps it up, at least his arby numbers won't be too bad for next year.... Yeah!

Unfortunately he's already making $8.5 million this year so it isn't going to go down. That's another reason I didn't like the trade. Yeah, he has another year of control but that year of control is going to be expensive and I'm not sure if he's worth it.

Years of control don’t matter when the years are expensive. But in Stearns we trust.

It's hard to believe a MLB infielder can't just lob a strike7 out of 10 pitches. He isn't using any velocity, just aiming for the strike zone.

Aiming is probably the issue.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived