Brewer Fanatic

2018-08-02: Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 8:00 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 21-5]

TooLiveBrew

Hxj5LHC.jpg

Hxj68my.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Dodgers Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. Joc Pederson (L) LF

2. Christian Yelich (L) RF 2. Manny Machado ® SS

3. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B 3. Justin Turner ® 3B

4. Jonathan Schoop ® 2B 4. Yasmani Grandal (S) C

5. Ryan Braun ® LF 5. Cody Bellinger (L) CF

6. Travis Shaw (L) 3B 6. Brian Dozier ® 2B

7. Erik Kratz ® C 7. Max Muncy (L) 1B

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS 8. Yasiel Puig ® RF

9. Jhoulys Chacín ® P 9. Clayton Kershaw (L) P[/pre]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, the team decides game time. Unless ESPN or fox pick them up for a special game, then they basically choose game time.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Scheduling Fun Fact: This is the last scheduled Thursday evening game for the Brewers this season. They have two remaining Thursday day games in August, and no scheduled Thursday games during the month of September.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Here’s my expectation for tonight’s game.

First, Yelich will get the night off, at least to start. Counsell said several days ago that he was looking to get Yelich a break, but couldn’t do it while he was so hot. But, he has cooled noticeably over the last few games with only one hard hit ball, 3 infield singles, and a few strikeouts and weak grounders. So, what better time to give him a break than against Keyshaw. I expect to see Perez in right with either Shaw or Moustakas sitting out.

Second, this has the makings of a sacrifice game where Kershaw shuts down the Brewers and the Dodgers get an early lead. So, the Brewers will save the top end of the bullpen for the weekend. Hopefully Chacin can get through 6 so the bullpen (starting with Williams) doesn't have to cover too many innings.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

First, Yelich will get the night off, at least to start. Counsell said several days ago that he was looking to get Yelich a break, but couldn’t do it while he was so hot. But, he has cooled noticeably over the last few games with only one hard hit ball, 3 infield singles, and a few strikeouts and weak grounders. So, what better time to give him a break than against Keyshaw. I expect to see Perez in right with either Shaw or Moustakas sitting out.

Second, this has the makings of a sacrifice game where Kershaw shuts down the Brewers and the Dodgers get an early lead. So, the Brewers will save the top end off the bullpen for the weekend. Hopefully Chacin can get through 6 so the bullpen (starting with Williams) doesntbhave tro cover too many innings.

Why Moose? He hits lefties better than righties? Definately sit Shaw against any lefty till he knows how to wear big boy pants against them. Thames needs to sit. he is almost just as awful against lefties. Id start with those 2 sitting. We just have to deal with Aguilar who is killing us. He is distraught and swinging at ghost.

Second, this has the makings of a sacrifice game where Kershaw shuts down the Brewers and the Dodgers get an early lead. So, the Brewers will save the top end off the bullpen for the weekend. Hopefully Chacin can get through 6 so the bullpen (starting with Williams) doesntbhave tro cover too many innings.

Why Moose? He hits lefties better than righties? Definately sit Shaw against any lefty till he knows how to wear big boy pants against them. Thames needs to sit. he is almost just as awful against lefties. Id start with those 2 sitting. We just have to deal with Aguilar who is killing us. He is distraught and swinging at ghost.

The only reason to give Moustakas the day off is because he has been playing every day and Shaw hasn’t. We all know that Counsell likes to give the members of the “position player group” a day off every so often and that it isn’t always a matter of playing the best players. So, I would like to see Moustakas play too, but I don’t know what Counsell will do.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Nice of these teams to give the Brewers late starts on a travel day.

The way it has been going the less day games the better.

Unless I’m missing something, the Brewers have lost their last 8 road getaway games.

Unless I’m missing something, the Brewers have lost their last 8 road getaway games.

That sounds like we're due.... we're also due to hit the ball for a couple weeks at some point this season, correct? Even the worst teams have hot streaks at the plate. Outside of a two or three high scoring games I can't remember a week when we scored between 5-10/game. Jesus seems to be the only player to have a torrid stretch too.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

That sounds like we're due.... we're also due to hit the ball for a couple weeks at some point this season, correct? Even the worst teams have hot streaks at the plate. Outside of a two or three high scoring games I can't remember a week when we scored between 5-10/game. Jesus seems to be the only player to have a torrid stretch too.

Yelich just had a 15 game hitting streak in which he apparently batted nearly .500, but yeah, I'm not sure of anyone else who's been just outrageous for more than a week. Lorenzo Cain has been really smooth/consistent though, which I've really enjoyed.

They have the worst day game record in the National League, the best record in the major leagues at night.

Aw, man, Arcia starting?

He and Kratz will be automatic outs...

I'm thoroughly convinced Arcia just doesn't pay attention to the coaches. There's no way they could be ok with his approach. He has zero hope.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

So, Yelich is getting the start against Kershaw and it’s Shaw at 3B and Moustakas sitting.

It’s one of those games that you cling to “anything can happen in baseball” because the matchup looks pretty bad. Facing Kershaw at twilight could be brutal; Beethoven’s Fifth could be getting a real workout.

Aw, man, Arcia starting?

I'm thoroughly convinced Arcia just doesn't pay attention to the coaches. There's no way they could be ok with his approach. He has zero hope.

He was successful last year when he tried to hit the ball up the middle and to right center. They must be trying to get him to do that, but he still swings from the heels with his front leg stepping toward the third base dugout.

Aw, man, Arcia starting?

I disagree, he has hit the ball well in general since he came back, even has a couple walks. Tues he was horrible again. He's a work in progress, but zero hope?

Our players are the worst, other teams players are the best... Yada, yada, yada... lets start the game already.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So, Yelich is getting the start against Kershaw and it’s Shaw at 3B and Moustakas sitting.

It’s one of those games that you cling to “anything can happen in baseball” because the matchup looks pretty bad. Facing Kershaw at twilight could be brutal; Beethoven’s Fifth could be getting a real workout.

We have the two hottest hitters in baseball in Schoop and Yelich, an MVP candidate in Aguilar, one of the most consistent players all year in Cain, and Braun has been smoking the ball lately as well. I feel like we have a chance to win every game we play right now. This lineup is going to bust out in a big way soon.

Archived