Brewer Fanatic

Now thoughts on the waiver trade deadline

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll stick with Peralta over paying that contract. Freddy has a future with us next year and he has shown flashes of brilliance. Be patient. Please... please be patient.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I was researching Zimmermann's numbers before I saw these posts, so it's interesting we are thinking the same thing.

I have no idea how they'd work out the bloated contract, though.

One of the few instances where a no-trade clause would be in the Brewers favor.

Zimmerman is definitely having a bounce back year this year, so he is a bit intriguing. Not back to where he was 4-5 years ago, but still pretty solid. I have no clue though how there is anyway the Brewers could take on even 1/5 of his salary over the next two years. So, my guess is that there is no way that a deal could get done with him. Too bad though, because it would be fun to see the WI native come home and help this team make a playoff run. I'm sure he'd be extra amped up to help his home state team.

Archived