Brewer Fanatic

Brewers trade for Schoop; give up Luis Ortiz, Jean Carmona, and Jonathan Villar

And That
  • Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With Carmona in this deal. I think this is beyond ***** stupid. Dozier was almost free and we do this. Stearns... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?

Deep breaths, deep breaths.

This system lacks high ceiling talent. Carmona is just that. Call me crazy but I'm kind of sick of mediocre 40-45 FV depth guys.

The upgrade on some combo of Miller, Villar and whoever is not worth the price to me.

Not even that

If Shaw were to play secondbase vs righthanders, Villar could play vs lefties. Granted, who knows about the health of Villar and if he'd continue hitting lefties well.

I'd like this trade better if we hadn't first traded for Moustakas and simply let Shaw be the thirdbaseman and Schoop play secondbase.

Now one of those three have to sit each day unless Arcia doesn't play and Schoop is a shortstop, with Shaw at second and Moustakas at third. Ugly infield defense if that's the case.

With Carmona in this deal. I think this is beyond ***** stupid. Dozier was almost free and we do this. Stearns... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?

You are worried about losing a rookie ball shortstop prospect with an OPS of .700? LOL :laughing

You. Don't. Scout. The. Statline.

So you are worried about losing a guy who is 4 or 5 years away from the Majors? For getting a MVP caliber middle infielder with another year of control?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I think Dozier is a FA after this year. Brewers get Schoop for 2019 as well.

Why do we need a controllable 2B when Hiura's bat should be ML ready in a years time? I'd argue that his bat is ready now. Glove still needs work.

because you can delay his service time. Can flip Schoop in the off season if you want and re-coop a Carmona type.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

At least Villar will see everyday playing time from now on. I still think he got screwed this year, but that is water under the bridge. Probably a good time to scoop him on the fantasy waiver wires...lol
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The upgrade on some combo of Miller, Villar and whoever is not worth the price to me.

Not even that

If Shaw were to play secondbase vs righthanders, Villar could play vs lefties. Granted, who knows about the health of Villar and if he'd continue hitting lefties well.

I'd like this trade better if we hadn't first traded for Moustakas and simply let Shaw be the thirdbaseman and Schoop play secondbase.

Now one of those three have to sit each day unless Arcia doesn't play and Schoop is a shortstop, with Shaw at second and Moustakas at third. Ugly infield defense if that's the case.

Brewers are 28th in GB rate. Infielders don't get many chances.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Deep breaths, deep breaths.

This system lacks high ceiling talent. Carmona is just that. Call me crazy but I'm kind of sick of mediocre 40-45 FV depth guys.

Hate to break it to you, but that is exactly what Carmona is. A 45 FV depth guy.

Don't forget that Schoop having an extra year of control means the Brewers will likely recoup a high pick if he bolts in 2020.

You giving him a $17M QO?

If he plays anywhere close to what he did in 2017 of course you are. He has been a 6.7 WAR player over the past 2.5 years. That is certainly worth a QO.

This. Exactly this.

:indifferent

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived