Brewer Fanatic

Brewers trade for Schoop; give up Luis Ortiz, Jean Carmona, and Jonathan Villar

And That
  • Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guy was 12th in MVP voting last year. Competenent defender, crazy good power for a middle infielder and only 26. Nothing in the trade to miss much besides Ortiz. I realize Carmona was top 30 but he's the definition of a lottery ticket.

I think it's a fair trade. My concern with Schoop is that he doesn't take walks - 3.3% BB rate this year, 3.6% BB rate for his career. K rate isn't awful - 20% this year, 22% for his career. Because he doesn't walk though he has to hit for power. Doesn't put pressure on the Brewers to bring up Hiura early, and I don't think that Hiura would have been ready next year anyway.

Brewers still have lots of young pitching depth - Burnes, Peralta, Woodruff, Houser, Zack Brown. Carmona is a long ways off and all potential at this point. I'm OK with it.

I have seen different answers here, I thought I was sure he is signed through 2019, but a couple people said through 2020. That's not correct is it?

Roster Resource shows him being a FA in 2020

https://www.rosterresource.com/mlb-milwaukee-brewers-info/

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Should we really be excited by this? 273 OBP this year. Yuck.

Brewers 2B this year: 242/297/362 (75 wRC+)

Schoop this year: 244/273/447 (90 wRC+)

Schoop rest of season projection: 260/300/464 (105 wRC+)

Schoop in 2017: 293/338/503 (121 wRC+)

WE COLLET AL THE INFIELDESZ

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I don't think this is going to be Schoop playing SS like people suggest, at least not every day. It is going to be mixing and matching a lot at 2B and 3B and some SS. Probably see Shaw sit some early because he has been banged up lately.

Archived