Brewer Fanatic

Brewers trade for Schoop; give up Luis Ortiz, Jean Carmona, and Jonathan Villar

And That
  • Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually kind of like this. Shaw has been awful against LHP, Schoop has 2.5 years of control, has a BABIP of .262 this year (suggesting some bad luck) and was a stud last year. Suddenly our lineup against LHP (cough, Cubs) improves, and if he can play any SS the lineup as a whole improves. And tons of roster flexibility to make moves in the offseason.
I am not Shea Vucinich

Someone here looked him up and said he played SS coming up? So 2B vs lefties and a few games at SS each week. Plus when Arcia comes in for D substituting he can go over to 2B. IDK, this will be interesting

Yeah, start the games with 3B Moose, SS Schoop, 2B Shaw. Finish the game with 3B Moose or Shaw, SS Arcia, 2B Schoop.

Nothing else about the 2018 Brewers has been conventional. Why start now :-)

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

We all knew Shaw wasn’t going to really be our 2B, no one bought that but I thought it would be Dozier instead of Moose and we trade for Gausmam in the package. Seems more simple.

As of right now, I still think Shaw will be our 2B, at least against RHP.

Why not just put Schoop at shortstop? He played over 200 games there in the minor leagues, he knows how to field it. Then you have Moose-Shaw-Schoop in almost every day and the offensive black hole that is Arcia isn't a problem anymore

Team goals: Long balls on offense, fly balls on defense. I was just warming up to the idea of Arcia sticking as the defensive glue of the infield, but if he’s giving up meaningful innings at SS to Schoop...

Buckle up. Every game is going to be a white knuckle ride!

Archived