Brewer Fanatic

Archer to Pirates for Meadows/Glasnow/Baz

And That

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Glasnow can pretty much be put in the failed prospect category. Awful as a starter, now awful as a reliever.

edit before I get "jumped on" (it happens here a lot to others). He actually hasnt been THAT bad in relief. He was supposed to be a top to mid rotation starter, though. Doesnt look like that is happening.

The Pirates are a bunch of fools. So glad we have Stearns.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm not sure I get all the people amazed over the package the Pirates gave up. Aren't both of those guys fading top prospects with the pitcher pretty close to be a disappointment already? What am I missing here?

So they sell low on Cole and McCutchen just to turn around and do this...

As a Brewers fan, I'm very happy to see the Pirates and Cardinals trip all over themselves in the last year. They both had pretty bright futures and could have been great up-and-comers in the central in a few years. They still could be, but I think it's going to take them a while to recover from some of their recent blunders.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think sweeping the Brewers over that five games series heading into the All-Star Break may ultimately cost the Pirates more than it gained them.

Stearns and Counsell playing 3D chess! Let the Pirates win so they mortgage their future.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think sweeping the Brewers over that five games series heading into the All-Star Break may ultimately cost the Pirates more than it gained them.

Add me to the list of those who agree with you.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Community Moderator

Add me to the list of those who agree with you.

It goes the other way too--it may have helped the Brewers avoid a similar blunder.

Stearns and Counsell playing 3D chess! Let the Pirates win so they mortgage their future.

Heck, Stearns may have been involved in Archer solely to jack up the price.

Archived