Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-31: Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Buehler) 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0 -- Wade Miley pitches a gem w/ 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K]

Eye Black
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miley is really going to enjoy his 48 ounce steak and 5 baked potatoes tonight

Ha, hold the salad please.

Potatoes are salad.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

That at bat by Arcia may be the worst at bat I’ve ever seen.

It is a mystery why he ever gets a fastball anymore

It's a mystery as to why he thinks he would ever get a fastball.

Much like weeks, he doesn't appear to be thinking up there. If he's truly thinking "let me swing wildly at everything seemingly with me eyes closed" there's something wrong there.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Braun fell asleep.

At some point do the coaches tell Arcia to start crowding the plate and try to get hit by the pitch on anything inside.....I keep having visions of the scene from Bad News Bears when Buttermaker tells Rudy Stein to let it hit him.

If I'm a Dodgers fan, I would be really disappointed if they don't win it all. I don't really know much about their bullpen beyond their great closer, but they really have no weakness. Scary as hell lineup and a good starting rotation when healthy. That we've held them to one run through almost 17 innings is nuts.

Since Counsell’s claim that Knebel was going to pitch in other innings than the 9th, he hasn’t.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm gonna be sad when they bring in Knebel for the 9th. We need 3 more runs.

Quick inning for Soria. I'd be more comfortable letting him come back out for the 9th.

Yes, I am all for this non-move. Keep him in there.

If I'm a Dodgers fan, I would be really disappointed if they don't win it all. I don't really know much about their bullpen beyond their great closer, but they really have no weakness. Scary as hell lineup and a good starting rotation when healthy. That we've held them to one run through almost 17 innings is nuts.

We are throwing a pitcher at them who kills bears for dinner.

But they are interesting. They are above average across the board (only RP and 2B are below average) but really have no super stars (none of their positions are top 3 in the league)

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/NL/2018.shtml#team_output::none

We are throwing a pitcher at them who kills bears for dinner.

But they are interesting. They are above average across the board (only RP and 2B are below average) but really have no super stars (none of their positions are top 3 in the league)

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/NL/2018.shtml#team_output::none

Just don’t kill Moose. (For dinner)

Archived