Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-31: Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Buehler) 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0 -- Wade Miley pitches a gem w/ 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K]

Eye Black
Play Braun already.

Maybe we see Schoop at 2b and Shaw get some starts at first against RHP. Thames starts in a corner outfield spot.

I'm not writing off Aguilar just yet, but he wasn't ever going to be first half of the season good in the 2nd half.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope you are right about Davies and he is able to overcome these setbacks along the way. It has been a grind for this starting staff and coaching staff this year with all the DL time while still putting together quality starts.

And that worked itself out because the players had cleats and the 2nd baseman did not have shin guards. So it became a non issue because of the players, always the preferable outcome. My point is that extra, complicated judgement based rules make things worse, not better. Now you are suggesting the umpire needs to make a judgement call about whether or not the throw took the catcher into the baseline or if he went for some other reason?

No it didn't. They have modified the rules dozens of times to protect the fielders because the original rules were so bad. Sure in Ty Cobbs day you would just spike a guy but before his day you could just plow into him and destroy him and it was legal, that rule was changed along the way. Then the rule to spike a guy was changed. Then the guy to take out a guys leg was changed. Then the neighborhood play was added. These things have been changed over and over to make the rules make more sense. Player safety is way more important than how the game was meant to be played at this point, because the game is nothing like what it was when it was created.

I don't mean a Ty Cobb spike with your legs up, I simply mean if the SS puts his leg in front of second base the runner will injure him with his cleats sliding into his leg. Thus, he does not put his leg there. If he is in possession of the ball, it would not be illegal. The catcher could do this because he has shin guards. However, since the runner can overrun home he does not need to slide in a controlled manner, he can go in like Chuck Cecil, and then the catcher responds by getting in a defensive position basically sitting on the plate. Then we get a little excitement a few times a year and Rickie Weeks steamrolls some schlub and it is great entertainment.

This game is FLYING by, my goodness...

NOW you’ve done it! Come on man!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Bellinger gets some really bad jumps in CF.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Wade Miley has a 1.5 ERA as a Brewer so far. You just can’t make some of this stuff up.

Cain always looks injured

Dude walks around like Fred Sanford and then you see him run a ball down in the gap or fly down the line to beat out a routine double play. My mind has a hard time accepting he’s that fast.

Not sure the younger people will get the Sanford reference

Addition: Or... you know... pull one back in.

Archived