Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-31: Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Buehler) 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0 -- Wade Miley pitches a gem w/ 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K]

Eye Black
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who was the backbone? That was a weird trade that makes about as much sense to me now as it did then.

The trade was Francisco Cordero for Carlos Lee. Lee was going to be a rental but Cordero still had like 2 years of team control. Lee was somewhat expendable because Gabe Gross was playing way better than expected and Corey Hart was busting on the scene and Mench was going to give us a lefty killer. Unfortunately Yost fell in love with Mench in 2007 and he ended up pinch hitting against a lot of righties for some wacky reason. They never discussed the true details of the trade but I'm of the belief that the Rangers also wanted Cruz thrown in and we asked for Mench and Nix to even it out as Cordero had more value than Lee at the time so a straight swap would have been an advantage for us.

One Dodgers announcer knows nothing about the Brewers, the other does. On the Puig base hit that Arcia wasn't able to get, the dummy announcer was pointing out how that's the downside of the trades the Brewers have made, that the defense is going to take a hit. The other guy reminded him that Arcia is one of the best defensive shortstops in MLB.

Dummy tried to change it up by saying maybe Arcia just has all the moves on his mind.

You know, as someone who's not in the TV market, it's really cool that I'm getting three nationally televised Brewers games in a row.

The downside is that they all start at 10:00pm where I am on the first week my kids are back at school.

This guy has great stuff

Yeah, it's looking like we'll be fortunate to score one or two off this guy. He's pretty filthy.

He is one of these young guys who really struggles from the stretch so the key is just getting someone on. Once you get someone on he loses his mechanics and you have a chance to get some runs in. Unfortunately OBP isn't a huge strength of this team.

the first week my kids are back at school.

In July? savages

Tomorrow, August 1st.

They ended the school year May 23rd, so it's still basically the same as anywhere else, just shifted a month early.

Archived