Brewer Fanatic

Give me your boldest prediction

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think anything dramatic would've been completed already but.. .. for the sake of the thread:

The Brewers decide to try and overwhelm the Mets for DeGrom and succeed sending:

Ray, Hiura, Ortiz, Zack Brown, Taylor Williams, Houser and Villar for DeGrom and Flores

Matt Harvey

This is probably the least Bold one I’ve seen. Yet, it’s the exact answer I’d have. Seems to be the most realistic as well.

I'm not seeing the point of such a move. He's not pitching all that well, and he's basically yet another 5-inning pitcher right now. Who does he replace in the rotation given that?

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

If the Brewers dont get anything done before 2:58 - They will trade for Harvey

I think I heavily agree with this. I have a hunch Stearns and the Reds have a contingency deal agreed to ... "if we don't get anyone else by the deadline ... we'll send you A & B for Harvey".

Also, to the next poster who said something about Sonny Gray ... I think I'm on board if that can happen. Reunite him with Derek Johnson and let him lead the charge.

Gray and Harvey? Why would we give up anything for these guys? By acquiring either of them you are just praying for good luck the rest of the year. Nothing about their season is worth acquiring.

I think I heavily agree with this. I have a hunch Stearns and the Reds have a contingency deal agreed to ... "if we don't get anyone else by the deadline ... we'll send you A & B for Harvey".

Also, to the next poster who said something about Sonny Gray ... I think I'm on board if that can happen. Reunite him with Derek Johnson and let him lead the charge.

Gray and Harvey? Why would we give up anything for these guys? By acquiring either of them you are just praying for good luck the rest of the year. Nothing about their season is worth acquiring.

Gray and Harvey are both ~4.50 FIP/xFIP guys that have either had some bad luck or a bad start. Point being, they are basically what Suter/Miley/Anderson/Davies are. With our defense, their numbers may look better. All we need is depth since we lost Suter and Nelson won't be a factor with Peralta's innings limit coming up.

Neither of those guys are sexy moves but they are pitchers that are good enough to go 5, maybe 6 and get it to our bullpen. Or maybe guys that allow us to push Miley to a long relief role.

I don't love the Harvey get .. I was just agreeing he is the fall back if we can't get anywhere else.

Re: Gray ... Derek Johnson.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think if it is down to Gray and Harvey, the Brewers don't do either and they just wait until August to pick up SP depth.

If they wait on Gray, it is likely a team like the Pirates will throw a waiver claim in on him to block the move. Cubs too if the Brewers are ahead at the time.

My bold prediction:

The happiest team today will be the Cubs - just to see the Brewers fail to improve their rotation at all. sigh...

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

Oh I didn’t know they couldn’t improve their rotation after today...
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sarcasm doesn't negate the point that it's a lot easier to make a deal today than tomorrow... (setting aside the time crunch)

Sarcasm doesn't negate the point that it's a lot easier to make a deal today than tomorrow... (setting aside the time crunch)

I’d rather make no deals than a deal Stearns isn’t comfortable making. It’ll serve us better as a franchise. Pitching hasn’t been our issue. It’d be a cherry on top if we can swing it.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived