Brewer Fanatic

Ian Kinsler to the Red Sox

Eye Black
Community Moderator

The Angels traded Second Baseman Ian Kinsler to the Red Sox.

From MLB Trade Rumors:

The Red Sox have agreed to a deal to bring in second baseman Ian Kinsler from the Angels, per Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic (via Twitter). Minor-leaguers Williams Jerez and Ty Buttrey are going to the Halos in return, Jon Heyman of Fancred tweets.

Kinsler, 36, remains a solid performer at his native second base. He has boosted his output at the plate with a recent tear, leaving him with a .239/.304/.406 slash for the season — good for a 97 wRC+.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

The prospective Brian Dozier spots are drying up quickly.

Are we even one of them? Doesn’t feel like there is room for him. I’ll just take Villar back to fill in for Shaw.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I would guess they won't trade him or it would have happened already...the Pohlads view him as a cash cow "fan favorite" for their cheap AF pocketbooks. He'll get an extension instead.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Are we even one of them? Doesn’t feel like there is room for him. I’ll just take Villar back to fill in for Shaw.

I was just speaking in general. I think the Moose trade dried up any chance of Dozier being a Brewer. Not real sure where Dozier still fits, though. Cleveland maybe if they throw Kipnis in the OF?

Ill take Dozier over one of Saladino, Perez, and Villar.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

He would be great insurance to have should the "3B Is the New 2B" situation not work out. I imagine someone will give up something pretty good for him, though.

Dozier ain’t coming to be a backup and Mouse/Shaw ain’t sitting. Villar is crushing lefties so he fills in perfectly. He will be nice to have as a bench guy. There’s just no room for Dozier.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Dozier ain’t coming to be a backup and Mouse/Shaw ain’t sitting. Villar is crushing lefties so he fills in perfectly. He will be nice to have as a bench guy. There’s just no room for Dozier.

Unless Shaw is part of the package to bring back Dozier AND Gibson...

Unless Shaw is part of the package to bring back Dozier AND Gibson...

Which would flat out suck.

Very doubtful Dozier is coming here. I think people need to get that off of their minds; the center infield is set. Cant imagine doziers price being very high anymore, though. Some contender will get him, I cant imagine who

Archived