Brewer Fanatic

29 hours and counting, any more trades?

I could see targeting a catcher and SP only. No other position makes sense barring multiple moves. I'm not sure what options available would be an improvement at catcher besides Realmuto and maybe Ramos. There seem to be a good number of SP options, but very few rentals...and the team control seemingly is convincing teams to try and gouge.

There is also the potential to trade someone like Santana or Broxton in a selling move for prospects. Not sure what that would net, just a thought. I doubt Broxton gets moved as his value as a defensive replacement/speed guy in September is probably more valuable than the middling prospect we'd get. Santana is possible though, but we'd certainly be selling low on him.

A starter makes sense for obvious reasons such as their depth was hurt by losing Suter till 2020 and no real timelines for Jimmy or Davies.

Catcher really only makes sense if they get Realmuto (highly unlikely) or Ramos (seems possible, but a risk since he's currently on the DL). I wouldn't make a move for a time share/back up type guy like Mesoraco or AJ Ellis. I think Pina and Kratz have a good rapport with the staff. It could be coincidence, but when Nottingham was up the staff was struggling a little bit. Didn't seem like they have the same chemistry and there seemed to be more mound visits. I'd hate to break up that chemistry at this point of the season.

As far as Broxton goes, I'd hate to trade him at this point. As you mentioned, he'll be a key member of the September roster for PR and defensive sub. I think if they make the playoffs, he's probably on the roster too to fill that same role. You can go with an 11 man pitching staff for the WC game and NLDS.

Get a more reasonable catcher for a moderate (not Realmuto sized) price: chirinos , AJ Ellis, Plawecki, Nick Hundley, Wellington Castillo/ Wilson Ramos in August.

Spend the resources for a rotation upgrade, not another “meh” guy. Mad Bum would be my choice

Get a more reasonable catcher for a moderate (not Realmuto sized) price: chirinos , AJ Ellis, Plawecki, Nick Hundley, Wellington Castillo/ Wilson Ramos in August.

Spend the resources for a rotation upgrade, not another “meh” guy. Mad Bum would be my choice

Wellington Castillo was suspended in June I believe. Don't think he's eligible to return until September.

I'd be really curious what the price on Bumgarner is. Only signed through next year so they shouldn't be asking for the world. The remaining SP options seem to be more or less similar to what we could get if we just played Woodruff/Burnes at starter instead. I suppose Wheeler I could see making sense too.

Wellington Castillo was suspended in June I believe. Don't think he's eligible to return until September.

August 24 according to his BBREF Page - no postseason though

And Giants just said they are not moving MadBum. Period.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

And Giants just said they are not moving MadBum. Period.

They probably aren’t, but them saying anything doesn’t matter. It’s called GM speak. I can say I’m Mr Rogers- but nope, no cardigans on me

Who is going to keep updating this thread title every hour is the real question.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived