Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-30: Brewers (Peralta) at Dodgers (Maeda) 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maeda must not be “ready” yet either? I don’t get comments like this. Peralta is a young pitcher. He’s ready. You just have to show some patience with a kid going through some of these battles.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Maeda must not be “ready” yet either? I don’t get comments like this. Peralta is a young pitcher. He’s ready. You just have to show some patience with a kid going through some of these battles.

Peralta is a 22-year-old kid with command issues. You're telling me he wouldn't benefit from some more time in AAA? Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Peralta is a 22-year-old kid with command issues. You're telling me he wouldn't benefit from some more time in AAA? Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

He could use exactly what he’s getting right now. It’ll pay dividends for him. These guys have to go through this stuff sometimes. Patience is the key.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Hey, look what happens when you throw strikes.

Either he's trying to nibble, or he flat out doesn't have good enough control yet. He's got too good of stuff to nibble. If it's lack of control, then he honestly isn't "ready" yet and would benefit from some work in the minors.

Either he's trying to nibble, or he flat out doesn't have good enough control yet. He's got too good of stuff to nibble. If it's lack of control, then he honestly isn't "ready" yet and would benefit from some work in the minors.

Look where the catcher sets up and where the ball ends up, it's the latter moreso. Effectively wild is I believe what they call it...

It looks like he just doesn't have control. A ton of his balls are WAY off the plate.

He could use exactly what he’s getting right now. It’ll pay dividends for him. These guys have to go through this stuff sometimes. Patience is the key.

Maybe he could use it, but on a playoff-contending team looking for consistent starting pitching, that can be tough.

CC trying to get him through 3 so he can pinch hit for him leading off the 4th. No way do I let him start the 4th, and frankly he should go get him now

Nobody up in the pen even

seriously? That's foolish - 80 pitches through 3 IP, fortunate to squeeze out of the 3rd without a blowup inning. Bottom of the Dodger lineup next 1/2 inning, and it looks like CC will run Peralta out there again since he's hitting.

Pen better be active to start next inning in case the Dodgers get runners on to get to the top of their order.

It really is incredible how Peralta can blow 90-92 MPH fastballs past good hitters.

It makes the walks more frustrating. He can literally throw fastballs right down the middle and more often than not get away with it.

Maybe he could use it, but on a playoff-contending team looking for consistent starting pitching, that can be tough.

Yeah it won’t be a rest of the season thing anyways (innings limit) but they are 5-3 in his games he has started and could possibly be 6-3(He is 4-2) if they can hold onto this one. It’s not like he’s costing them games in the standings. The growth that is probably happening for him right now, pitching in a pennant race, working through jams and rough patches... I’m glad they’re letting him do it.

Yeah it won’t be a rest of the season thing anyways (innings limit) but they are 5-3 in his games he has started and could possibly be 6-3(He is 4-2) if they can hold onto this one. It’s not like he’s costing them games in the standings. The growth that is probably happening for him right now, pitching in a pennant race, working through jams and rough patches... I’m glad they’re letting him do it.

Yeah, you're right, and it could be worse. He isn't getting shelled. He is typically giving up few runs, but just not getting deep into games. Showing electric stuff, but the efficiency just hasn't been there. Just like the majority of young pitchers.

Archived