Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-30: Brewers (Peralta) at Dodgers (Maeda) 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don’t want Peralta to be traded and I think those who want to trade him are foolish

He is a guy who doesn't have all that good of stuff but has great extension and is great at hiding the ball. These types of pitchers tend to find it hard to find success long term. He loses the extension when he has to pitch out of the stretch and that is when he really starts to get into trouble. This means he will likely be inconsistent as games where he can keep runners off he can be dominant but when he doesn't have his good stuff and he is putting guys on he is going to get hit hard.

Whether we trade him or keep him just depends on the Brewers scouts and whether they believe they can fix these problems.

I'm not disappointed in Thames. He murdered the first pitch - it just happened to be foul. The pop-up pitch was a great pitch.

Whenever a Brewers player doesn't hit the ball really hard, safe or out, it's not necessarily because he screwed up. The pitcher has a job to do, too, and sometimes they do it well.

Lets be real here, it is Counsell's fault when this happens.

But Stearns is just making his job harder by giving him players that don't mash monster dongs every other AB.

Why are stadium lights designed by 3rd world countries.... Always takes forever to get going... how about just buying some friggin LEDs and replace the soviet era lights... Geezzz...

There is a reason teams don’t really use LED lights. I learned about it I’m a Sustainable Sport Management class. I can’t remember exactly why, but I think it had to do with how it translates the look to a TV broadcast.

I thought some sport stadiums used them though.

Peralta-Burnes is just so exciting for next year. It’d be so fun to watch these guys grow as Brewers.

Or be the next Peralta...Wily Peralta.

Yeah, you just don’t know but I would like to see what happens. It sure would be nice to see the Brewers finally bring through some young pitching and have success.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Does Peralta think he gets a bonus for every batter he runs a full count on? He could be throwing a no-hitter and never make it out of the 5th inning...

The most classic issue with young pitchers is pitch count so this really isn't a Peralta thing.

Archived