Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-30: Brewers (Peralta) at Dodgers (Maeda) 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good inning to get the pitch count up. Stinks to only score one but hopefully we can get to that pen early tonight.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It's really disappointing we didn't get more there. It felt like we should have scored 3 or 4. And Braun, man alive as recently as 2 years ago it's 5-0 probably 80+% of the time on that hanging slider down the middle. Every hitter dreams about getting that pitch, doesn't happen often at this level...and Braun missed it. At least we got a lead, and Maeda had to throw a lot of pitches...look at the positives.

Extremely disappointing ABs by Braun and Thames. Blowing a golden chance for a big number could be game deciding here. Hopefully they can get to him again.

If I know my Brewers, and I do...they likely will only get three more runners on base the rest of the game.

I am disappointed in Braun and Thames. With Pina I just expect it. He doesn't belong on a major league roster right now

Yep. Plus Braun and Thames just basically need to put it in play and not pop it up. Pina actually had to get a hit since the 2 before him failed.

What's Pina supposed to do with this? The first pitch was the only solid strike, and it was a curve that started outside of the zone. This was good pitching - he didn't have anything to hit. Maybe he lays off the 8th pitch, but it was a slider that started in the zone and with two strikes have to protect.

Archived