Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-29: Brewers (Guerra) at Giants (Suarez) 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bad games happen. Glad this one is occurring after winning the first three games.

This isn't specifically directed at you, because I know a lot of people feel this way, but I just don't understand why.

A baseball "series" is really nothing more than X number of games at the same geographical location. Series W/L results are meaningless, game W/L is all that counts. People feel better about losing game 4 of a 4 game series when they took the first 3, or better about winning Game 4 if they lost the first 3 to avoid the sweep. I know it's pretty much everyone, not just you, I just don't really get it I guess, unless it's all just psychological?

A "series win" of 3-1 in San Francisco, followed by a 3-1 series win in L.A, would have the exact same net affect as sweeping today and then splitting 2-2 in L.A. All the games count the exact same independent of what already occurred in the series.

I get what you’re saying but it’s just really hard to sweep teams, especially in a four game series. I mean these teams, for the most part, are not all that different from one another as in they are all pro baseball players. And a lot of it is probably psychological.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yup, weakest arm should definitely snag the catch to throw it in.

Cain ain’t much better.

Is he better though?

To be honest, I’m not sure. They’re both pretty bad at throwing the ball.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Some missed opportunities today.

Also, Guerra and Albers walked four batters combined, and all four scored runs.

All after Rock mentioning that we have barely walked anyone in the first three games. He PinaMadness’d us.

Jesus down to 280. Wow he's falling fast. Bad news with us being so lefty heavy we need him to produce big time. Dodgers lefty pitching so tough to find a good day coming up to sit him.

They face right hand starters the next two days...

Some missed opportunities today.

Also, Guerra and Albers walked four batters combined, and all four scored runs.

All after Rock mentioning that we have barely walked anyone in the first three games. He PinaMadness’d us.

Not quite - hasn't suggested MVP for Manny yet!

Isn't Cain like second in the league in OF assists? I know that doesn't necessarily mean he's got a great arm, but he's made some good throws clearly.

Jesus down to 280. Wow he's falling fast. Bad news with us being so lefty heavy we need him to produce big time. Dodgers lefty pitching so tough to find a good day coming up to sit him.

They face right hand starters the next two days...

Good to know. In that case two days off coming up if it was me.

Isn't Cain like second in the league in OF assists? I know that doesn't necessarily mean he's got a great arm, but he's made some good throws clearly.

Yeah he’s probably fine. Just never looks good when making a throw.

Has Taylor Williams ever pitched well in back to back days? I mean don't they have spreadsheets about this? Ridiculous.

He's pitched back to back days 7 times this year and 5 of 7 have been clean.

Twice he's given up 1 run. Never a crooked number. If he gets out of this 6 of 8 scoreless.

Look up stats before calling something ridiculous....

Has Taylor Williams ever pitched well in back to back days? I mean don't they have spreadsheets about this? Ridiculous.

Twice he's given up 1 run. Never a crooked number. If he gets out of this 6 of 8 scoreless.

Stop with your fancy facts and number and not-laziness.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Yeah he’s probably fine. Just never looks good when making a throw.

He also looks like an 80 year old man running the bases.

There was a question mark at the end of the sentence bro. Calm down Peter Gammons.

Archived