Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-29: Brewers (Guerra) at Giants (Suarez) 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hear the Marlins are considering Robles for Realmuto straight up. If that's the case then Hiura and Ortiz have to be considered. At least give them a call. They know our system. You can't run this version of Pina out there.

Robles is way better than Hiura...and that’s no insult to Hiura. Robles is just that great.

For whatever it's worth, Baseball Prospectus has Hiura as the 5th and Robles as the 6th best prospect in baseball. They are higher on Hiura than most other rankings, though.

Hiura plays the more premium position, but Robles is elite on both sides of the ball. Hiura also is still iffy at 2B and has the injury history.

I can’t imagine a team not viewing Robles as notably better. Like a pretty good gap.

Verified Member
The team needs Realmuto and Stearns needs to get it done. He's not a rental like Machado. Yes an ace would be most welcome but a catcher like him would fix two problems and is the most immediate need.

Hiura plays the more premium position, but Robles is elite on both sides of the ball. Hiura also is still iffy at 2B and has the injury history.

I can’t imagine a team not viewing Robles as notably better. Like a pretty good gap.

Well then we don't have a chance if Realmuto is on the market as the Nats are willing to part with Robles to acquire J.T...

edit: robles link http://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/mlb-trade-rumors-nationals-willing-to-part-with-victor-robles-to-acquire-marlins-jt-realmuto/jdbt2olgowu41i61v5gl5qzfi

I'd go Hiura+Ortiz+Woodruff+Ray. That's an awfully good offer, I think.

Not to make this the trading forum page, I would say the Marlins can take which two they want from that list and also have Nottingham (I assume they need a catcher if trading one off).

I'm glad their fans are so excited to barely win 1/4 games against what was a horribly struggling Brewers team. Hopefully the Giants don't luck their way into another championship.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Why didn’t Aguilar dive is my question but yeah, Albers rusty today.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Guerra is where he belongs at the back end of the rotation

Back end of the rotation? Who do you have better than him this year besides Chacin?

Which speaks to the larger issue.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm glad their fans are so excited to barely win 1/4 games against what was a horribly struggling Brewers team. Hopefully the Giants don't luck their way into another championship.

I mean, I cheer when I'm at a Brewers game and they're doing something exciting. I don't really let the bad player previous games really keep me from being excited about great things that happened on that particular day.

We really have to get past some of this. The rotation is not elite, yes. But it is actually pretty good when you’re comparing around the league. They are a big reason we are in this thing. Can we upgrade? Sure. But we really need to move past some of this rhetoric.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yup, weakest arm should definitely snag the catch to throw it in.

Cain ain’t much better.

We really have to get past some of this. The rotation is not elite, yes. But it is actually pretty good when you’re comparing around the league. They are a big reason we are in this thing. Can we upgrade? Sure. But we really need to move past some of this rhetoric.

Are you new here? ;)

As I've been told multiple times on IGTs, knee-jerk is kinda the norm.

I mean, I cheer when I'm at a Brewers game and they're doing something exciting. I don't really let the bad player previous games really keep me from being excited about great things that happened on that particular day.

I'm the same, the Giants are probably my third most hated team (Cards, Cubs). They've booed Braun the most after Bonds, and it would be nice if a title fell into our lap like the three they have.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Coming into today we didn't have a single starter with an era over 4. Maybe the advanced metrics don't support that they're great starters but the performance has been pretty solid all the way around. It might also be said that we shouldn't continue to expect these performances but when I see things like Guerra is trash and so and so is a bum, I definitely think those comments are borne more out of frustration because these guys have really performed pretty well all season.

Archived