Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-29: Brewers (Guerra) at Giants (Suarez) 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arcia walked.

Well it’s nice knowing you guys- been fun! End of the world.

Let’s rally for a crooked number boys

If Perez would have walked too then it would be the end of the world

I hear the Marlins are considering Robles for Realmuto straight up. If that's the case then Hiura and Ortiz have to be considered. At least give them a call. They know our system. You can't run this version of Pina out there.

Bad games happen. Glad this one is occurring after winning the first three games.

Good thing we can still win a bad game!

Oh for sure we can.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Guerra is garbage. I agree with other posters that he's been smoke and mirrors this year.

Saying someone has been smoke and mirrors for 2/3 of a season is a stretch. He’s having a rough day

I am pretty sure advanced stats are not that high on Guerra either. High whip. Doesn't go deep in games.

There's 88 pitchers with at least 100 IP so far this year. Guerra is 29th in Runs Allowed based WAR & 40th in FIP based WAR.

Smoke & mirrors or not he has provided serious value for this team through this point, even moreso when you consider what was expected from him coming into the season.

I hear the Marlins are considering Robles for Realmuto straight up. If that's the case then Hiura and Ortiz have to be considered. At least give them a call. They know our system. You can't run this version of Pina out there.

Robles is way better than Hiura...and that’s no insult to Hiura. Robles is just that great.

Sucks to leave that run out there.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Robles is way better than Hiura...and that’s no insult to Hiura. Robles is just that great.

I get that. Still if they are willing to move him I would think they could build something around him. Castro is as good as gone.

For whatever it's worth, Baseball Prospectus has Hiura as the 5th and Robles as the 6th best prospect in baseball. They are higher on Hiura than most other rankings, though.

Am I the only one who thinks adambr2's fascination with Realmuto exceeds clancyphile's suter love? Close?

Well Realmuto is one of the best catchers in the game so the love makes sense.

Archived