Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-29: Brewers (Guerra) at Giants (Suarez) 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-5]

Eye Black

So much for that threat. Sad day when I would actually prefer to see Kratz.

It’s getting to the point where if we trade for a catcher I don’t know which one we get rid of. Guessing Pina has options left, and Kratz might not.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pina needs a trip down to AAA. Maybe he can get hot and become a September call up as a third catcher. I don’t know. He’s just not very good.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I know people love Hiura but I would have no issue using him as a Realmuto centerpiece. None.

Me either. They will likely ask for burnes too though if what they are asking the nats is true

I know people love Hiura but I would have no issue using him as a Realmuto centerpiece. None.

Me either. They will likely ask for burnes too though if what they are asking the nats is true

I would really, really like to keep Burnes and Peralta. I'd go Hiura+Ortiz+Woodruff+Ray. That's an awfully good offer, I think.

I would really, really like to keep Burnes and Peralta. I'd go Hiura+Ortiz+Woodruff+Ray. That's an awfully good offer, I think.

That’s a crazy package to give up. I don’t think they trade Phillips if trading Ray is also in the plans. You turn surplus to deficit real quick.

Realmuto might be too expensive, but a guy like Ramos could be a decent rental.

It is all about how far away you think this team is. Trading a lot to get Realmuto would sting but you would be set at catcher for a few years. You would really only have 2b to worry about next year because you have Nelson and Davies coming back in the rotation

Aguilar

2b

Arcia

Shaw

Yelich

Cain

Braun

Realmuto

With Thames as backup to 1st and Braun. Broxton and santana as well.

Nelson

Anderson

Chacin

Davies

Peralta

Guerra

Woodruff

Knebel

Hader

Jeffress

Albers

Williams

That is a really good team

Bad games happen. Glad this one is occurring after winning the first three games.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

That’s a crazy package to give up. I don’t think they trade Phillips if trading Ray is also in the plans. You turn surplus to deficit real quick.

It's not really crazy at all. (Hiura+Woodruff+Ortiz+Ray) Is it a lot, yes. It's going to take a lot to get 2.5 years of the best catcher in baseball. It is probably about what it would take, if not more.

Trading Phillips shouldn't have anything to do with Ray and shouldn't prevent us from using Ray as a trade chip if needed. Yes you're depleting the OF farm depth but it's not really a need anytime soon and you've still got Lutz, Grisham, Stokes, and Gray.

Guerra is garbage. I agree with other posters that he's been smoke and mirrors this year.

Saying someone has been smoke and mirrors for 2/3 of a season is a stretch. He’s having a rough day

I am pretty sure advanced stats are not that high on Guerra either. High whip. Doesn't go deep in games.

Archived