Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-29: Brewers (Guerra) at Giants (Suarez) 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-5]

Eye Black
I’m usually a realist that people call a pessimist, but good lord to those of you upset with only 3/4 from a contender on the west coast. Every team in the NL has multiple holes. Yes, we need a catcher and starting pitcher. If we get an Arcia and Santana or Braun going and an upgrade at catcher this lineup will start improving quite a bit. I feel a trade or two still coming.... let’s enjoy the ride.

I agree with some of this (my previous rant about individual games, not series wins being all that matters, lol), but the Giants aren't a contender. They'd be well served to admit it and get out of baseball purgatory.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope but I see you are treading lightly out of fear so do you my man.

So that'll be a no on figuring out why.

My bad I'll read your baseball prospectus piece.

Still a no then?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

So are we just going to gloss over the fact that Pina had his 4th multi hit game in the past month? And that's playing part time.

So are we just going to gloss over the fact that he is still batting .215 with mediocre defense?

I’m usually a realist that people call a pessimist, but good lord to those of you upset with only 3/4 from a contender on the west coast. Every team in the NL has multiple holes. Yes, we need a catcher and starting pitcher. If we get an Arcia and Santana or Braun going and an upgrade at catcher this lineup will start improving quite a bit. I feel a trade or two still coming.... let’s enjoy the ride.

I agree with some of this (my previous rant about individual games, not series wins being all that matters, lol), but the Giants aren't a contender. They'd be well served to admit it and get out of baseball purgatory.

I agree that individual wins are all that really matters. I think the whole "winning series" thing is just a gauge on how you are doing. If you win all the series you play in, you are going to be a playoff team. Of course no one does that but it is a goal that is going to lead to success.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Why does CC love Pérez so darn much

Villar is still on the DL.

Like that makes a difference...

Villar will see even less playing time now once he gets back.

He will be a non factor from here on out.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Why does CC love Pérez so darn much

Villar is still on the DL.

Like that makes a difference...

Villar will see even less playing time now once he gets back.

He will be a non factor from here on out.

Villar for Saladino sounds great right now. Hope they let him get some reps at SS at AAA rehab in case of emergency.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Nope but I see you are treading lightly out of fear so do you my man.

So that'll be a no on figuring out why.

My bad I'll read your baseball prospectus piece.

Dude, take a hint. This is a great forum to be apart of. Don’t mess around trying to take jabs at just about every single member because you made a silly comment(s). We’ve all had our moments, you’re looking silly, move on...

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Still seeing multiple holes on this team and that is not a knee-jerk reaction.

Yeah because so many NL teams have no holes on the team. Nobody says this is a perfect team, it is not a perfect team, it doesn't need to be a perfect team, no team it is directly completing against is anywhere close to a perfect team.

Still seeing multiple holes on this team and that is not a knee-jerk reaction.

Yeah because so many NL teams have no holes on the team. Nobody says this is a perfect team, it is not a perfect team, it doesn't need to be a perfect team, no team it is directly completing against is anywhere close to a perfect team.

This.

3/4 still a good series. Find a way to split with the Dodgers and that's a solid trip.

Yep. 5 - 3 road trip would be just fine w/me. It's a marathon. Red Sox would not do much better than that! In san fran & LA. 4 game apiece

T-rain.

We took 3 out of 4 on the road. If someone told us before this road trip started that we would win that series I have a feeling most of us would gladly take that. We've gone to the left coast in the past and got blasted. We were going for the sweep and sweeping teams, even non-contenders like SF, on the road is a nice accomplishment. This coming series in LA is going to be a real test for sure. *fingers crossed*

We took 3 out of 4 on the road. If someone told us before this road trip started that we would win that series I have a feeling most of us would gladly take that. We've gone to the left coast in the past and got blasted. We were going for the sweep and sweeping teams, even non-contenders like SF, on the road is not an easy thing to do. This coming series in LA is going to be a real test for sure. *fingers crossed*

Archived