Brewer Fanatic

Outfield Shifts

With how prevalent shifting is on the infield, even to the point of swapping infielders completely for certain batters and pitch counts, has any team done the same in the outfield yet? By this, I mean actually swapping LF/RF for hitters that rarely hit to one field or the other. I'm not sure if we're at the point that it would be worth doing that with Thames, but with the defense as is, our main holes are looking to be at 2B and RF, if Shaw playing 2b holds up. Thames is certainly the weakest defensive OF we are using right now, and several of our pitchers are fly ball pitchers, so it seems like it could be worth a couple outs a week to swap LF/RF against certain hitters. But, maybe all the jogging back and forth, and time delay wouldn't be worth it.

Would Counsell have to go to to the Homeplate ump every single time?

I am pretty sure Manfred would be on the first flight to Milwaukee regardless.

No. The positions listed on a lineup card are totally irrelevant except for pitcher. He doesn't have to go to the umpire every time Shaw moved from 3B to 2B and then to SS when the batter had 2 strikes.

No. The positions listed on a lineup card are totally irrelevant except for pitcher. He doesn't have to go to the umpire every time Shaw moved from 3B to 2B and then to SS when the batter had 2 strikes.

So you’re saying Shaw can play SS....

So you’re saying Shaw can play SS....

Yes, Shaw can stand where ever the hell he wants on the field.

Archived