Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-28: Brewers (Chacín) at Giants (Cueto) 8:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-1 -- Mike Moustakas makes Brewers Debut]

Eye Black
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love how one move and a good game suddenly makes our offense this great beast. A week ago the sun was on its way to collide with earth and we should sell. Now the the forum is upbeat ready to reserve postseason tickets.

Times like this make me honestly wonder if a big acquisition can actually make the clubhouse more upbeat and make the team play better as a whole.

Sometimes, the old school diehards with their talk of "chemistry" and "momentum" and "energy" just might be on to something.

There are more things in heaven and earth, TPlush, than are contained in your philosophy... :tongue

Yep these things are all true except when they aren't. If a move works it gets called chemistry and if it doesn't you just don't talk about it. The teams chemistry has not changed because of Moustakas, that is simply absurd to say after half a game.

If the clubhouse believes it, then maybe they can make it so. Baseball games, like all great human pursuits, are completed first between the ears.

Kratz smells the blood in the water. Wants to be this teams starter. What a great story he’s turning out to being.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I believe the closest to a no-hitter I have ever seen is Yovani Gallardo who got one out in the 8th before blowing it.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SLN/SLN201105070.shtml

Our closest no-no besides Nieves was Odell Jones, lost after 8.1 IP

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CLE/CLE198805280.shtml

Then there was the Sabathia no hitter that wasn't ruled a no hitter, even though we all know it was a no hitter...

I was at that game in PIT, comebacker to the pitcher, picks it up, drops it...obvious hit.

What was the game where the pitcher actually threw a perfect game, but the ump massively blotched the play and called someone safe (for a hit) that was clearly out?

CC.....that isn't the one your thinking of.....ump just called a hit that should have been en error

Maybe it is nitpicking but why Perez here

CC knew Black would press to make a perfect pitch to Perez that the likelihood of a wild pitch increases 6.7%, thus allowing an easy run across. Quite the chess player, that Counsell.

What was the game where the pitcher actually threw a perfect game, but the ump massively blotched the play and called someone safe (for a hit) that was clearly out?

CC

No, I remember that. It was as play at first I believe.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Pretty sure it was Armando Galarraga.

And it was a really good ump who blew it.

All by memory so not sure. Tom Hallion maybe?

Edit: I looked it up and it was Jim Joyce who is widely recognized as the best ump in the game.

OK, before anyone answers, I remember when this happened I thought 1 cool thing about was that it would end up being much more memorable than most actual perfectos because of the controversy.

So, who can name the 3 perfect games since this perfect game that wasn't happened?

CC

No, I remember that. It was as play at first I believe.

Gallaraga with the Tigers.

Ump - Jim Joyce

Pitcher - Armando Gallaraga (DET)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armando_Galarraga%27s_near-perfect_game

Poor Jim Joyce. I remember at the time that players kinda rallied around him & said he was one of the best umps in MLB. And if I recall correctly, Joyce was distraught like right after he made the call at 1B.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Galarraga from the Tigers. 2010 or 2011 season I believe. Blown easy call at 1B.

Archived