Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-28: Brewers (Chacín) at Giants (Cueto) 8:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-1 -- Mike Moustakas makes Brewers Debut]

Eye Black
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chacín is dealing! 67 pitches through 5 innings, with 6-0 lead. It would be great to squeeze 8 innings out of him tonight.

Or a complete game no hitter.

Haha - touche. Guess I'm preparing myself for it to be broken up.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Chacín is dealing! 67 pitches through 5 innings, with 6-0 lead. It would be great to squeeze 8 innings out of him tonight.

Or a complete game no hitter.

Dude, your not supposed to say it! Knock on wood, or throw salt or something.

It's a good thing then that that's all a bunch of superstitious hokum.

For the love of god though CC, please do not play the "surrender" lineup tomorrow. I do not want to see Perez anywhere on the field, and if Aggie needs a day off, get Braun in there.

It's getting to the point where there isn't such a thing as the "surrender" lineup that CC could come up with anymore.

For the love of god though CC, please do not play the "surrender" lineup tomorrow. I do not want to see Perez anywhere on the field, and if Aggie needs a day off, get Braun in there.

It's getting to the point where there isn't such a thing as the "surrender" lineup that CC could come up with anymore.

CC will find a way to get Sogard called up before tomorrow's game so he can bat leadoff and find a way to get Kratz, Pina, Sogard, and Perez all in the lineup.

If Shaw can play 2B, Kratz can play LF right?

Welp, to the next no-hitter tease I go...

Since 2009, when I started watching the Brewers, I believe the closest to a no-hitter I have ever seen is Yovani Gallardo who got one out in the 8th before blowing it. I also remember some major scrub (Estrada) getting into the 7th.

Anyone complaining about today's lineup I bring you the Brewers lineup 2 years ago today.

1. Jake Elmore 3B

2. Scooter Gennett 2B

3. Hernan Perez SS

4. Cris Carter 1B

5. Kirk Nieunhwiess RF

6. Martin Maldonado C

7. Keon Broxton CF

8. Ramon Flores LF

9. Zach Davies P

I follow the team closely and forgot a couple of those guys even played for the Brewers. Repressed memories maybe

I've also literally never heard of Jake Elmore or Ramon Flores. It looks like three players are currently on active MLB rosters.

The Sky Sox lineup tonight is probably better.

I had forgotten about Flores — I looked up his bref page and saw that he appeared in 104 games for the Brewers in 2016. I’ve truly repressed those memories

Watching Chacin tonight reminded me of Dave Bush flirting with No-No’s in ‘08 and ‘09. It’s always even more fun when it’s a pitcher who has no earthly business doing it (although maybe I only say that because for my entire life, the Brewers have only ever had those kinds of pitchers, it seems...)

Pina, you’re not having a great night in the IGT. :laughing
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived