Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-28: Brewers (Chacín) at Giants (Cueto) 8:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-1 -- Mike Moustakas makes Brewers Debut]

Eye Black
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesus bat looks slow. All star game was great but could have used a break. Lots of options to cover him if needed which is awesome.

Someone go get a bucket of chicken.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

9th inning, isn't it time for another trade?

Barnes to SF for Smith

Nottingham for Realmuto

Woodruff for de Grom.

Fair? The last time I played "video games" in 95' that would've worked.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Aguilar needs a few days.

I mean, 1 day off, sure, but the guy is still OPSing like .950.

And that’s great but he just doesn’t look right. His last whole month he is batting .214 and in his last two weeks he is ops’ing about .530

The all star nomination might’ve done more harm than good with him.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Though the hit/error happened a bit earlier, I'll always remember the Sabathia no hitter that wasn't.

When was a ball EVeR tried to be picked up bare-handed and called an error? In baseball, that's a hit every time.

Cain for sure. Halladay?

Halladay was before but only by like a week.

Who can name the perfect game pitcher from the White Sox in 2012?

Who can name the perfect game pitcher from the As in 2010?

The white Sox guy was a big Tampa draft pick. Humber?

No idea on the Oakland guy. Braden? Seems like that should've been longer ago.

You're correct. The Galarraga game was June 2, 2010. Dallas Braden was May 9th that year (and Halladay tossed one on May 29th as well).

Humber (April 21, 2012) and Cain (June 12, 2012) were the next two, and the last perfect game came later that same year by a guy in Seattle, not Oakland.

.5 back and most wins in the NL!

More importantly they have whittled it down to just two games in the loss column. Also back to 15 games over which seems to be a comfortable spot for this team.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

And that’s great but he just doesn’t look right. His last whole month he is batting .214 and in his last two weeks he is ops’ing about .530

This is cool and all as long as you realize how silly it is? Baseball is so darn streaky that trying to pin a good stretch or bad stretch on something like this is completely worthless. Since the HR derby Harper and Hoskins have been hot, it doesn't mean the HR derby fixed those guys and wrecked Aguilar. That is trying to fit the story to the results and nothing more.

This is cool and all as long as you realize how silly it is? Baseball is so darn streaky that trying to pin a good stretch or bad stretch on something like this is completely worthless. Since the HR derby Harper and Hoskins have been hot, it doesn't mean the HR derby fixed those guys and wrecked Aguilar. That is trying to fit the story to the results and nothing more.

That is trying to fit the story to the results and nothing more.

This claim is just as silly seeing as you are basing it on the same amount of evidence...none.

Silly? Silly is your condescending post. Many guys have went into the derby (which I didn’t even mention) and come back ice cold. I was more so mentioning being an all star because he’s probably needed a break. He’s a big guy that could’ve probably used 2-3 days off. Not only that but those all star things can be a distraction, especially if you’ve never dealt with it before. Is that the reason his swing and approach all of a sudden looks sloppy? I don’t know for sure but it sure could be a factor in it. It’s as good a reason as any. Along with the fact that he’s probably not the Babe and is regressing towards who he truly is as a hitter.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

That is trying to fit the story to the results and nothing more.

This claim is just as silly seeing as you are basing it on the same amount of evidence...none.

Braun deserves his starts.....there's no way Jesus rebounds for a sub-par week like he has 4-5 times in the past few months.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Archived