Brewer Fanatic

Eduardo Escobar to the Dbacks

Welp, that is a bit dissapointing. Arcia probably isn’t the answer and th rest of our middle infield is garbage. Stearns simply has to acquire a middle infielder.

Agreed to some degree on both accounts. I am a bit concerned about Escobar's bat regressing, he's posting a career year. All depends on cost. If someone like Widener is heading to Minnesota, I'll be glad we didn't make the deal.

Keep Arcia and get Merrifield...

Royals say they’re not moving him.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

#11, #19, and unranked. Both of the ranked prospects are the type I would be targeting if I was the Twins. This is probably comparable to Carmona + Ashby from the Brewers...were we able to trade Ashby.

Absolutely. Worked out well for us when Adam Lind was shipped to the Mariners.

Lots of upside for the Twins, I think they did very well here. I sincerely hope the Mets ask for less for Cabrera, although Escobar does currently lead the Major Leagues in doubles and is close to the top in XBH so he could be an impact bat down the stretch, particularly against righties.

Probably a good trade for both teams.

That's obviously a deal the Brewers could've beaten without killing the system.

I have to imagine they're working on other players.

#optimism.

Just because you can beat a deal doesn't mean you should. That said, I agree that I sure hope we make at least 1 more acquisition...preferably 3 more.

Will Dozier cost more or less? That is the real issue at hand.

He's not hitting as well and has no positional flexibility, though he is the more established name. Depends on the market...more teams could use a guy like Escobar over a 2b only. I suspect he gets less.

Will Dozier cost more or less? That is the real issue at hand.

I know Dozier has the track record, but I can't imagine his value is much if at all higher.

He isn't hitting nearly as well and doesn't have the positional flexibility. He's also not a switch hitter.

I also don't think he gets a QO as it stands right now so that's not a real bargaining chip.

Community Moderator
Reports are that Escobar found out about the trade from MLB Network and Paul Molitor met with the media as part of his normal pregame routine and said he hadn’t been notified of a trade involving Escobar as the TV near him was scrolling news of the trade. Awkward.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Reports are that Escobar found out about the trade from MLB Network and Paul Molitor met with the media as part of his normal pregame routine and said he hadn’t been notified of a trade involving Escobar as the TV near him was scrolling news of the trade. Awkward.

That's pretty sad. Amateur hour from the Twins.

Archived