Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Giants (Bumgarner) 9:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-1 -- Joakim Soria Debut]

Eye Black
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Christian Yelich is on NBA Jam style FIRE right now.

Christian Yelich is Bo Jackson "excellent" in Tecmo Super Bowl right now. :laughing

SimpleFlickeringBinturong-max-1mb.gif

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

A great debate, who was better, Boggs or Brett?

I'll take Boggs. Even though Boggs had a lower career SLG his OPS was a point higher than Brett's. OPS+ they are close also at 131 for Boggs and 135 for Brett. Career WAR wise they are also close with Boggs up by 2.7. Boggs and Brett are pretty close so I don't think you could go wrong with either of them.

Braun's OPS this season with 2-out and RISP is a ridiculous 1.436 (heading into tonight's game).

His overall numbers aren't good but there is something that he adds to the lineup that is intangible.

A great debate, who was better, Boggs or Brett?

I'll take Boggs. Even though Boggs had a lower career SLG his OPS was a point higher than Brett's. OPS+ they are close also at 131 for Boggs and 135 for Brett. Career WAR wise they are also close with Boggs up by 2.7. Boggs and Brett are pretty close so I don't think you could go wrong with either of them.

Yup that is why it is a great debate. The greatest ever is Ty Cobb or Willie Mays in CF, although now we may be seeing the final answer to that question...Trout.

If Braun can become 80% of the Ryan Braun of old... it would be such a blessing.

Call me optimistic, or crazy, but I really think he can. Hope to keep seeing that opposite field approach. Feel like is been more pull happy than normal this year.

Maybe Braun and Arcia will be our biggest additions.

We’ve had so many guys regress that internal additions are bound to happen somehow through second half improvements.

Braun, Shaw, Arcia, Santana, Pina, anyone taking Sogards AB

Chase Anderson very quietly now down to a 3.69 ERA.

Davies' rehab start went well tonight. I wonder how much his likely nearing return will factor into their decisions to get or not get another starter?

Off the field they are close as well. Boggs with an outstanding mustache and was known to eat lots of fried chicken and drink lots of beer. but

LOL crazy story. Who tells that, especially on camera? And I love how he immediately transitions immediately to “who’s pitching?”

One thing I notice tonight-only 5 strike outs against a guy that historically been a very strong strikeout pitcher. He's only at 7.7 K/9 IP this season (down from 8.8 entering the 2018 season).

I would like to see this team show more patience at the plate. Good things happen when you make an opposing pitcher, even one as good as Bumgarner, work.

With the success Yelich has been having, I have to wonder if his approach doesn't start to rub off on his teammates.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Off the field they are close as well. Boggs with an outstanding mustache and was known to eat lots of fried chicken and drink lots of beer. but

LOL crazy story. Who tells that, especially on camera? And I love how he immediately transitions immediately to “who’s pitching?”

The only pro athlete I could see telling that kind of a story on camera would be Brett Favre.

Archived