Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Giants (Bumgarner) 9:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-1 -- Joakim Soria Debut]

Eye Black
Per McCalvy
All square at 1-1 on Ryan Braun's groundout. He has put baseballs in play at 100.1 mph, 103.4 mph and 105 mph, according to Statcast, and the last one, even though he beat it into the ground, produced something positive.

Braun should ask Aguilar about launch angles.

Chicks dig launch angles?

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So much for Anderson having trouble with this lineup. Very nice start.

Take out his rough May and he has been very good especially in his recent starts.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm sitting here smiling thinking how pissed Mad Bum is right now. Pitches a gem a through six, and right now, he's in line for a no decision because the Giants can't get any runners across.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Per McCalvy
All square at 1-1 on Ryan Braun's groundout. He has put baseballs in play at 100.1 mph, 103.4 mph and 105 mph, according to Statcast, and the last one, even though he beat it into the ground, produced something positive.

Braun should ask Aguilar about launch angles.

Chicks dig launch angles?

I’d assume that’s how he pulled off the lingerie model. :laughing

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I’d assume that’s how he pulled off the lingerie model. :laughing

:laughing

Good guess. Here are all of our second place finishers (Brewers only). Can you name the winners?

2011 Braun - Winner = Jose Reyes

1987 Molitor

1982 Yount

1980 Cooper - Winner = George Brett

I also missed one since he was so far behind the leader, but

1973 George Scott

I just looked at that 1987 season and Boggs OPS was .461/.588/1.049 and Molitor’s was .438/.566/1.003 and they finished 9th and 5th respectively in MVP voting. George Bell won the MVP with .352/,605/.957 but had 47 HR, 134 RBI.

Boggs had 8.3 WAR, Trammel 8.2, Molitpr 6.0 and Bell was 9th with 5.0.

Roger Clemens actually led the AL with 9.4 WAR.

I knew Boggs was good but I was really surprised how good he was that year. Same with Trammel.

Ground ball outs leading to two runs scored. Bumgarner's head might explode. :laughing

Hahaha loved watching Bumgarner spaz out about it. Please hang the L on him.

That competitiveness is what drives guys to be good. Awesome to see because it meant we got the lead, but also love to watch guys who care that much each game they play.

Longoria double clutched hahaha. MadBum psycho hahahaha

If Longoria doesn't show up to the park tomorrow, Mad Bum will be the first one questioned.

I didn't really realize until last night how somewhat sneaky good of a career that Longoria has had. Like, possibly HOF good.

Archived