Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Giants (Bumgarner) 9:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-1 -- Joakim Soria Debut]

Eye Black
Part of me wonders if Shaw is involved in a deal for a pitcher.

Doubt it. The Brewers are thin at 3B unless the Brewers think Donaldson can come back next year and be a serviceable 3B, I don't think he can stay healthy for a whole year at 3B and is probably more of a DH or 1B than he is a 3B going forward.

The Brewers won't be able to afford Machado who would be the best option at 3B this off season. I just don't see how the Brewers could trade Shaw right now as there is a big black hole in the minors at 3B for the Brewers.

I have no idea, but is Hiura a candidate to move to 3B?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phillips and Lopez? What the actual ----?

I don't get this move. One, we don't need a third baseman, especially with one struggling to keep his OBP over .300, no matter how much power he has. Two, this is a rental, as his salary accelerates from $5.5 to $15 million in 2019.

Baffled. What am I not seeing?

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Doubt it. The Brewers are thin at 3B unless the Brewers think Donaldson can come back next year and be a serviceable 3B, I don't think he can stay healthy for a whole year at 3B and is probably more of a DH or 1B than he is a 3B going forward.

The Brewers won't be able to afford Machado who would be the best option at 3B this off season. I just don't see how the Brewers could trade Shaw right now as there is a big black hole in the minors at 3B for the Brewers.

He's not. Pretty much just 2nd. Maybe corner OF.

No, he is not. If Erceg represents a big black hole then we have that at just about every position.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I think we vastly overrate Phillips, and what his trade value was.

I agree here. We gave up MAYBE a 4th OF and a fring-y bullpen arm so that part doesn't bother me. It really just all boils down to whether Shaw can play 2B. Moustakas is OK but I gotta believe he is a better option than the players we are rolling out there now.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Shaw in at 3B now, so I'm guessing he's not going anywhere. Was just odd that he was sitting tonight, then they trade for Moose.

Makes sense he would sit against the Mad "the psycho" Bum. The key is if he hugs someone, then he was traded

I don't get this move. One, we don't need a third baseman, especially with one struggling to keep his OBP over .300, no matter how much power he has. Two, this is a rental, as his salary accelerates from $5.5 to $15 million in 2019.

The 15 million a team or player option, or is he under contract?

I can’t imagaine Stearns makes that trade without another in mind....doesn’t make sense.

That's the only way this makes sense. My first thought was that Shaw would be moved.

But why?

Shaw in 2018: .246, 19 HR, .344/.468/.812 2.8 WAR. 2018 salary $567,400.

Moustakas: .249, 20 HR, .309/.468/.778 2.1 WAR 2018 salary $5.5 million; $15 million in 2019.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Started both of these guys in fantasy tonight so expect a high scoring game.

Oh man you are nuts. I have Anderson on my team, no way would I risk starting him tonight. This is the type of team that will go on a hit parade against Anderson. I don't like our outlook tonight.

#FreezingColdTakes

The 15 million a team or player option, or is he under contract?

Listed as a mutual option with a $1 M buyout.

If we deal Shaw, we have to keep Moustakas. We have nobody else in the system ready for 3B.

Big win tonight! Making up a game against the Cubs when facing Bumgarner....I like it!

Some good production from sources we need to step up. Hopefully, this is a foreshadowing of things to come.

I think we vastly overrate Phillips, and what his trade value was.

I agree here. We gave up MAYBE a 4th OF and a fring-y bullpen arm so that part doesn't bother me. It really just all boils down to whether Shaw can play 2B. Moustakas is OK but I gotta believe he is a better option than the players we are rolling out there now.

Phillips is a helluva player to give up. Future All Star but I like us being aggressive. Seems like a rental and going for the world series this year. This highly suggest 1 more transaction.

Wow. Go Crew!

Yelich seems to be throwing the ball with more authority today....unless these late starts are messing with my vision.

When I return to FL and the Crew is on the west coast those damn games start at 10 PM for me. :tongue

Archived