Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Giants (Bumgarner) 9:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-1 -- Joakim Soria Debut]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

HwoqIqM.jpg

HwoqZM5.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Giants Lineup

1. Keon Broxton ® CF 1. Steven Duggar (L) CF

2. Christian Yelich (L) RF 2. Alen Hanson (S) 2B

3. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B 3. Andrew McCutchen ® RF

4. Ryan Braun ® LF 4. Buster Posey ® C

5. Tyler Saladino ® 3B 5. Brandon Crawford (L) SS

6. Hernán Pérez ® 2B 6. Evan Longoria ® 3B

7. Manny Piña ® C 7. Pablo Sandoval (S) 1B

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS 8. Gorkys Hernández ® LF

9. Chase Anderson ® P 9. Madison Bumgarner (L) P[/pre]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today is the first day I slept past 9am in a long, long time. Damn west coast games. Looking forward to another day of trade possibles and roster moves.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Roster moves today will certainly be interesting. Let's assume there are no DL moves.

Barnes seems like leading candidate number one.

Miller or Saladino (both can be optioned) are probably next in line. Both SF and LAD have large outfields. Probably nice to keep Broxton around as a defensive sub and he very well may get the start tonight for Cain after he got a little banged up last night.

One of Barnes or Williams is headed to AAA today I would have to think. There's just no way around it unless there's a surprise DL move.

The other move may be trickier. It seems unclear whether or not Miller can be optioned. If so, that makes sense. Perez being DFAed wouldn't break my heart, but we all know that ain't happening.

Despite the Saladino rumors yesterday and his rough night defensively, I don't think he's going anywhere.

I have a hard time seeing Broxton go down too. Without him they have no true 4th OFer, and Cain may be nicked up.

Today is the first day I slept past 9am in a long, long time. Damn west coast games. Looking forward to another day of trade possibles and roster moves.

I can't tell you when the last time I slept past 9 was. Getting up each day for work at 5 am and the better part of a decade in active duty military will do that to you. So will having kids, but I'm not there yet.

Even if I go to bed at 2 am from being out at the bars.. my body is up and I'm awake at 6. Lots of fun.

I can't tell you when the last time I slept past 9 was. Getting up each day for work at 5 am and the better part of a decade in active duty military will do that to you. So will having kids, but I'm not there yet.

Even if I go to bed at 2 am from being out at the bars.. my body is up and I'm awake at 6. Lots of fun.

Wake up before the hang over... bold move Cotton!

Nice pitching matchup tonight, as long as good Chase shows up. Hopefully MadBum doesn’t beat us with the bat.

Started both of these guys in fantasy tonight so expect a high scoring game.

Oh man you are nuts. I have Anderson on my team, no way would I risk starting him tonight. This is the type of team that will go on a hit parade against Anderson. I don't like our outlook tonight.

Nice pitching matchup tonight, as long as good Chase shows up. Hopefully MadBum doesn’t beat us with the bat.

Makes me think of the time where Yo beat the Giants with the bat off of Randy Johnson.

This was the only HR Randy Johnson ever gave up to an opposing pitcher.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/event_hr.fcgi?id=johnsra05&t=p

Makes me think of the time where Yo beat the Giants with the bat off of Randy Johnson.

This was the only HR Randy Johnson ever gave up to an opposing pitcher.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/event_hr.fcgi?id=johnsra05&t=p

He also hit his only career homerun against the Brewers. Off of Doug Davis. I was there.

Man, the line up tonight isn't surprising since Bumgarner is starting and Cain was questionable to play, but actually seeing it on paper is hideous lol.

Broxton

Yelich

Aguilar

Braun

Saladino

Perez

Pina

Arcia

Anderson

Should’ve kept Kratz playing while he’s not.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Man, I'm tired of seeing these horrible line-ups. It is a total and complete wonder we have the record we do, and that we are actually in a play off hunt.

Just a rotten line-up, it seems like every single day.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Man, I'm tired of seeing these horrible line-ups. It is a total and complete wonder we have the record we do, and that we are actually in a play off hunt.

Just a rotten line-up, it seems like every single day.

Curious as to what you would do differently with th current roster? Thames vs MadBum seems like a bad idea. Cain hurt. Just not seeing much else to do.

Albers not being activated tonight because of Cain situation.

I take that to mean Broxton will go when Albers is activated and Cain is ready to go again.

I take that to mean they are waiting to see if Cain needs to be DL'd.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Oh man you are nuts. I have Anderson on my team, no way would I risk starting him tonight. This is the type of team that will go on a hit parade against Anderson. I don't like our outlook tonight.

The Giants aren’t a very good offense, why do you think it’s a bad matchup for Anderson?

The Giants aren’t a very good offense, why do you think it’s a bad matchup for Anderson?

It isn't a bad match up for Anderson, at least not in that park.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived