Brewer Fanatic

Arcia is back

markedman5
When my friend told me about the soria trade, before I found out not hernan, i asked if this meant arcia was on his was back up. Wish me luck as I go buy a lottery ticket.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Community Moderator

I know the stats fall into the small sample size category, but the difference between his MLB and Triple-A stats this year is mind boggling.

Triple-A

.341 BA / .417 OBP / .494 SLG / .911 OPS / 15.6 K%

MLB

.197 BA / .231 OBP / .251 SLG / .482 OPS / 24.4 K%

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brad Ford is saying Saladino is getting DFA'd

Brad Ford is having a very bad last couple weeks.

Is it just me or is that kind of messed up? You're messing with people's lives. Friends and family see stuff like that and start talking and then asking the player.

If you're going to say a guy is being DFAed you damn well better be right.

I love his defense but his at bats tonight show that he still has a looooooong way to go at the plate. He is lost. At what level do players get taught to have their back foot fly out on their swing? Little leaguers have better swing mechanics.

Community Moderator
Is it just me or is that kind of messed up? You're messing with people's lives. Friends and family see stuff like that and start talking and then asking the player.

Yeah, I appreciate his passion for the Brewers, but if you aren’t a reporter you better be 100% certain before you spread news relating to player transactions.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yeah, I appreciate his passion for the Brewers, but if you aren’t a reporter you better be 100% certain before you spread news relating to player transactions.

If he wants to write about the Brewers, fine. But "breaking" news is clearly not his bag. His click-baity factually incorrect headlines last week really irked me.

Meanwhile, Arcia's headed further from the Uecker line...

His last two AB's last night were encouraging. One was an absolute rocket right at the LF. The other was a one hop smash right to 2B. The exit velocities on both were up there and were the hardest hit balls I've seen from him in a long, long time.

Meanwhile, Arcia's headed further from the Uecker line...

His last two AB's last night were encouraging. One was an absolute rocket right at the LF. The other was a one hop smash right to 2B. The exit velocities on both were up there and were the hardest hit balls I've seen from him in a long, long time.

If he can have a hot streak - great. He becomes someone the Crew can sell reasonably high on over the offseason. Otherwise, maybe give Jake Hager a long look in spring training next season.

I know the stats fall into the small sample size category, but the difference between his MLB and Triple-A stats this year is mind boggling.

Triple-A

MLB

Jump from AAA to MB is huge, jump from CS to MLB is the Grand Canyon. Look at Phillips, Orf, Bandy... all kinds of guys have put up HOF numbers in CS and looked lost trying to hit MLB pitching.

Triple-A

MLB

Jump from AAA to MB is huge, jump from CS to MLB is the Grand Canyon. Look at Phillips, Orf, Bandy... all kinds of guys have put up HOF numbers in CS and looked lost trying to hit MLB pitching.

Everyone is going to hit balls hard once in awhile. These pitchers are throwing 90+ mph. Stick the bat out and the ball flies 350 feet.

I do not care how many hard hit balls you have. The way he looks at the plate every single one of those hard hit balls could fall to the ground and his stats would still be borderline pitcher worthy.

It was easy to see how he had success in CS... Any pitch with movement he flailed at, anything that was straight he got some wood on it... Nothing that any of us could do (or that 12 YO could do) at bat... Is our SS better than a Little Leaguer?

This title of this thread is misleading. He may be getting ML at bats but he sure is not back. Woof you'd think he would have at least a positive first game back based off pure adrenaline alone.... not another hat trick effort.... smh

DS please get us some middle infielders that are at least average in the field AND with the stick... seems like we have one or the other (and a lot of neither lol)

This title of this thread is misleading. He may be getting ML at bats but he sure is not back. Woof you'd think he would have at least a positive first game back based off pure adrenaline alone.... not another hat trick effort.... smh

DS please get us some middle infielders that are at least average in the field AND with the stick... seems like we have one or the other (and a lot of neither lol)

While I agree that Arcia had 3 pretty bad ABs last night, the last two featured balls he hit pretty darn hard. Maybe it's easy to say that after a win, but I'm not as discouraged as I was after about the fifth inning.

Edit: I see that this was pointed out by others above. Apologies for the repetition.

While I agree that Arcia had 3 pretty bad ABs last night, the last two featured balls he hit pretty darn hard. Maybe it's easy to say that after a win, but I'm not as discouraged as I was after about the fifth inning.

Edit: I see that this was pointed out by others above. Apologies for the repetition.

I want to believe it means something...

But I also did think there would be a better "look" to his approach at least... instead it looked like the same guy we sent down. Hope I am wrong though!

Archived