Brewer Fanatic

Yankees Acquire J.A. Happ from Blue Jays

Eye Black

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Sounds like Brandon Drury is the key piece heading to Toronto. Other pieces likely as well (Billy McKinney mentioned as a possibility).

Brewers really have no Drury equivalent value wise. Arcia probably has more value, and Villar less value.

McKinney and Stokes are probably pretty close valuewise.

Would you guys be comfortable trading Arcia and Stokes for Happ?

Brewers really have no Drury equivalent value wise. Arcia probably has more value, and Villar less value.

No. Way.

Another move I’m good with not being apart of.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sounds like Brandon Drury is the key piece heading to Toronto. Other pieces likely as well (Billy McKinney mentioned as a possibility).

Absolutely no chance, but I also don't think Arcia and Drury are anywhere close in value. I think Villar is a way closer comp.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Absolutely no chance, but I also don't think Arcia and Drury are anywhere close in value. I think Villar is a way closer comp.

Drury would probably be starting at 2B right now for the Brewers, no questions asked. That's why I said initially the Brewers don't really have an equivalent value wise. It probably truly does fall in between Arcia and Villar.

A Villar/Stokes package would probably be easier to stomach for Happ, but I'm not sure I'd do that, either.

What the hell are the Blue Jays thinking on this one? Did they not look at the splits and figure out that Drury just cannot hit away from Arizona? Of that he's been a major league player for right about 3 years and is a total (not seasonal) 0.8 WAR player by Fangraphs and a 0.9 WAR player by Baseball Reference? Villar is not a good comparable to Drury...Villar is a better player than Drury.

Why do teams keep doing stupid things and help the Yankees out?

Community Moderator

I know J.A. Happ as a rental isn’t a flashy acquisition, but I think he is going to prove to be a very solid pickup for the Yankees. I wouldn’t have been as disappointed as some others if he would have ended up in Milwaukee (depending on the cost obviously).

Also, Brandon Drury with a parting shot per Jack Curry of the YES Network...

Drury said he is “excited” to go to the Blue Jays and finish the season strong. Said his experience with the Yankees wasn’t what he expected.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived