Brewer Fanatic

Rockies Acquire Seunghwan Oh from Toronto for Chad Spanberger and Forest Wall

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Rockies get right handed reliever Seunghwan Oh from Toronto for a bag of minor leaguers - 1B Chad Spanberger and OF Forrest Wall, plus a player to be named later (reports are that it is 1B/OF Sean Bouchard).

This is a kind of an under-the-radar move. Oh is having a great year after struggling in 2017. He is controlled through 2019 through a team option.

Spanberger and Bouchard, both 22, are lottery tickets - both college players in A ball. According to MLB Pipeline, Spanberger was ranked as the Rockies #24 prospect, but he doesn't crack the Blue Jays top 30. Bouchard wasn't ranked in the top 30 in either system.

Wall, age 22, is a former #1 pick (35th overall) who's progressed slowly through the Rockies system. He started 2018 at A+ ball, and has moved up to AA. Originally a 2B, he is now a centerfielder. He make decent contact, doesn't have much power. He is now ranked #23 in the Blue Jays system.

The price for Oh, who is a good player and controlled through next year, wasn't too high. I could see the team adding another reliable arm - especially if Burnes gets shifted to the rotation.

Those are some outstanding names.

I read it. Then I read it again. Then I thought, "Come on. You can't just go making up names and expect people to believe it."

So, I actually googled it. Turns out, they are real baseball players. Who knew?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived