Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-26: Brewers (Miley) at Giants (Rodriguez) 9:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-5]

Eye Black
At what point did Yelich switch back to RF when Thames is in game? Or more correctly, when did Thames move to LF?

Pretty sure Thames has been in LF all game long.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

And there in lies the issue. Catcher is just as big of an issue so yes, we solve 2B but you still have the bottom third of your line up in pretty bad shape. Plus, you still have to fix the rotation. How many resources do you (not you specifically) want to burn trying to fix this?

I remember arguing with several people this spring that the Brewers wouldn't have a lot of regression candidates.

I was wrong. Dead wrong. Besides Aguilar, every bat from the 2017 lineup has regressed. It has created a lot of holes in the lineup that weren't anticipated.

That's why you don't burn assets on rentals to try and fix this.

Disagree. Even with the holes in the lineup, this team is a playoff contender. Plug the holes, and who knows?

Maybe try putting Arcia 2nd in the batting order... I would try anything at this point. I say bat him 2nd because that is the spot in the order he always bats in the minors (where he rakes. His numbers batting 2nd are unreal for some odd reason).

He sees more pitches that don't break but there is absolutely no reason he should be taking at bats away from who ever would move down the lineup.

I agree. It does go back beyond Colorado Springs though. Maybe he has a different mindset batting 2nd compared to 8th. Crap, the offense can’t get much worse. I mean they did recently have Broxton lead off with an average below the Mendoza line. Outside of tonight, Thames has been horrid in the leadoff spot. Yelich and Cain probably should be 1 & 2 each game just so they could get the most at bats.

At what point did Yelich switch back to RF when Thames is in game? Or more correctly, when did Thames move to LF?

Yes all game. Just wondering if it had been other games before this.

Community Moderator

In the past (I think in St. Louis) Counsell commented that it was because RF had more space to cover.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Yes all game. Just wondering if it had been other games before this.

Oh gotcha. I think like other posters have said it’s by the ballpark. It’d be nice to get a lead and get Broxton out there though.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Disagree. Even with the holes in the lineup, this team is a playoff contender. Plug the holes, and who knows?

I know you do.

Even if they don't go that route, this will still be a fun team to watch through the rest of the season. Would be pretty fun to see what they team could do with an actual sustainable offense though.

Come on Braun! Let’s get this lead.

Very nice. Let’s get some more now Kratz.

Kratz must see the writing on the wall. His spot on the 25-man is getting close to precarious.

Didn’t they say he was thinking about retiring before being traded?

Archived