Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-26: Brewers (Miley) at Giants (Rodriguez) 9:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arcia might be a player that can’t get out of his own way mentally. Either way I’ll wait awhile before jumping to conclusion. Sure is nice having him in the field again though.

If Saladino (or anyone else capable of playing short) isn't going to hit anyway, then we might as well have the glove out there.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I wanted Arcia back up after his recent AAA success but it's obvious nothing has changed. The guy is just a terrible hitter.

I recall reading somewhere awhile back that an unnamed Brewer source indicated the FO was not happy with the shape Arcia showed up to Spring Training in. Judging by just how overmatched he looks at the plate I've got to wonder if it has to do with a lack of strength training. It looks like the bat is swinging him...

Just look at where Arcia’s feet are after he flails away and you can see he will not be able to hit major league pitching except by accident.

It's certainly concerning. I can't think of a Brewer that I've ever seen do this as frequently as Arcia.

Really makes me think he doesn't see pitches well. I wonder if his vision needs a fix a la Corey Hart

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Arcia might be a player that can’t get out of his own way mentally. Either way I’ll wait awhile before jumping to conclusion. Sure is nice having him in the field again though.

If Saladino (or anyone else capable of playing short) isn't going to hit anyway, then we might as well have the glove out there.

Getting a 2B who isn't an offense black hole would go a long way toward covering for Arcia's lack of offense this year. There aren't a lot of SS options on the market that are going to provide decent offense. 2B seems much more stacked.

Just look at where Arcia’s feet are after he flails away and you can see he will not be able to hit major league pitching except by accident.

It's certainly concerning. I can't think of a Brewer that I've ever seen do this as frequently as Arcia.

Really makes me think he doesn't see pitches well. I wonder if his vision needs a fix a la Corey Hart

Arcia reminds me of Pence, just watching him bat. At least he's not as alien/ bug looking

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Getting a 2B who isn't an offense black hole would go a long way toward covering for Arcia's lack of offense this year. There aren't a lot of SS options on the market that are going to provide decent offense. 2B seems much more stacked.

And there in lies the issue. Catcher is just as big of an issue so yes, we solve 2B but you still have the bottom third of your line up in pretty bad shape. Plus, you still have to fix the rotation. How many resources do you (not you specifically) want to burn trying to fix this?

Yep. If Villar isn’t going to come through at 2B, or even stay healthy, then go get Dozier and live with what Arcia gives you. Finding a decent catcher could help too but just not sure who that could be.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Maybe try putting Arcia 2nd in the batting order... I would try anything at this point. I say bat him 2nd because that is the spot in the order he always bats in the minors (where he rakes. His numbers batting 2nd are unreal for some odd reason).

Maybe try putting Arcia 2nd in the batting order... I would try anything at this point. I say bat him 2nd because that is the spot in the order he always bats in the minors (where he rakes. His numbers batting 2nd are unreal for some odd reason).

Arcia should be batting 9th with the Pitcher 8th

He sees more pitches that don't break but there is absolutely no reason he should be taking at bats away from who ever would move down the lineup.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

And there in lies the issue. Catcher is just as big of an issue so yes, we solve 2B but you still have the bottom third of your line up in pretty bad shape. Plus, you still have to fix the rotation. How many resources do you (not you specifically) want to burn trying to fix this?

I remember arguing with several people this spring that the Brewers wouldn't have a lot of regression candidates.

I was wrong. Dead wrong. Besides Aguilar, every bat from the 2017 lineup has regressed. It has created a lot of holes in the lineup that weren't anticipated.

I remember arguing with several people this spring that the Brewers wouldn't have a lot of regression candidates.

I was wrong. Dead wrong. Besides Aguilar, every bat from the 2017 lineup has regressed. It has created a lot of holes in the lineup that weren't anticipated.

That's why you don't burn assets on rentals to try and fix this.

At what point did Yelich switch back to RF when Thames is in game? Or more correctly, when did Thames move to LF?

I think it's situational based on how much ground there is to cover in RF. If there's a lot of ground to cover, they use Yelich in RF and Thames in LF. Otherwise other way around.

Archived